Sunday, 16 October 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Morning all,

Having been away and having had to miss my crafting I have come home feeling craft starved and eager to enter some challenges .....

Last week's challenge on Craft Mad and Loving It was set by Lauren who is, by her own admission, an aficionado of all things Halloween and she went with the theme of "Bubble Bubble, toil and trouble"! She set this last Sunday and there's a new challenge, yet to be set, this morning so I thought I just might be able to sneak one in under the wire for this one as I just happened to acquire some suitable images whilst away!



Materials used:
  • 5" square, 300gsm scalloped white card and matching envelope
  • Post it with a 5cm circle cut out
  • Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade - applied with a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Inkadinkado image inked in Memento Tuxedo Black centred on the inked circle
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in Memento Tuxedo Black on to the card
  • Faber Castell Pitt artist pen used to connect the cobweb

Hope you like it ..... FYI the owl image was also inked up again and stamped on both the insert and envelope ....... to scare the postman!!!! - NOT!

I'm kind of hoping to complete my food related Christmas card for the Bah Humbug challenge and, if posted, the new Sunday themed challenge (this week to be set by Cherry) over on Craft Mad and Loving It, so you might want to check back for a second post later - if you've time!

I do hope that your Sunday is motoring along and that you are enjoying some Autumnal sunshine. Have a fab day.


8 comments:

Debs M said...

love this Kathy, perfect colours for the backdrop x

Brenda Brown said...

I bet you had great fun buying bits and pieces we find so hard to come by here.
Fabulous images and card Kathy.
Hope you are beginning to settle back into a normal routine and that you are having a good Sunday.
luv {brenda} xoxox

Dora said...

Awww how cute this is, that owl is adorable, love it xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Great halloween card,Kathy.

joanne wardle said...

I adore this!

My name is Wynneth said...

Faberooney Halloween card miss kathy, love what you did with the owl and creating the circle background for him to sit in.

Thanks for your comment on my bloggie, BTW the Dirt Pie came with 4 spoons (thank goodness) as I've never had room for a dessert at the Santa Fe myself either !!
luv
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

I hope you had a great vacation Kathy, it looks like you've settled right back into crafting mode. I love the mix of Distress inks you have used, it adds to the spooky feel.
Have a great week.
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is, indeed, FABEROONEY. I love it. Lx