Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Afternoon and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday . . . .

Hi there and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday,

Welcoming Viv from Viv's Visuals as a new follower - hope to see you again sometime soon.

Blimey, reality check ...... my cousin rang me yesterday. In itself not a huge surprise as we keep in touch and she was ringing to see how my rehab's going (which is great, thanks, Deb!) she also said "We should do a girlies Christmas meal" and offered a couple of dates!!! Now the "girlies" involved are my cousin (Deb) and mate (Liz) and we have previously gotten together three or four times a year but life sometimes gets in the way and I have a horrible feeling this might only be the 2nd time this year! But this set me to thinking - Christmas really IS starting to loom large on the horizon isn't it? I rang the third member of the gang with a couple of dates and, guess what? She couldn't do either of them, which makes me think we've already left it almost too late so now we're going out on the Sunday instead of the Saturday! But, at least the date is in our diaries so now there is just the knotty problem of where to go that's offering a Christmas menu on the last Sunday in November - yes, that really WAS the only date we could all come up with!

A very dear friend came a calling recently and, in lieu of flowers and/or chocolates, she brought a practical get well gift in the form of ...... rubber!!! These stamps are designed to co-ordinate and decorate envelopes - though I suspect they'll work much better on slightly bigger envelopes! Best I give this card as a hand delivery item! Well, it only seemed right to make something using said rubber!! - so I had another (subtler) go at the LIM challenge of red and orange ..... hope you like it



Materials used:
  • 13cm square white 300gsm scalloped card and matching envelope
  • Images inked using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens to colour using, primarily, red and orange
  • Christmas sentiment (by Adam Pescott) which was free with CM&P and inked in memento tuxedo black

And here's a close up



Anyway, in the spirit of What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday here is my "TEMPORARY" work desk aka the dining table because I cannot get to my own table of craftiness on my crutches.



Talking of crutches ...... rehab ...... blah blah blah - I've reduced myself to just one crutch and been out walking on just the one too - hubby and I perceive this to be a big step forward - hurrah! I spoke to both the hospital and physio department yesterday and they were able to reassure me that I'm doing things the right way, which made me feel better too - so all appears to be going along nicely, thank you to all those who have left such nice supportive messages regarding my operation and recovery.

Over on craftbubble the buzz is that the site is celebrating it's third birthday so I'd just like to wish everyone on the site a great big HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY and say thanks to Origin and cratbubble I've made so many lovely crafting friends AND (of course) without the support of all my on-line crafting buddies I would never have started blogging!!! Bit of a double edged sword there then!!!!

Happy Wednesday - hope it's a craft-y one!

8 comments:

Chrissie said...

Your dining room table looks to be a busy place too!
Glad you're getting around!
Cute card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

My name is Wynneth said...

Whooo...hoooo.... ! so nice to see that yummy rubber put to such great use :oD Good to see that you are back crafting too, must be a sign that you are well on the mend then. Great card and envelope, looks good all coloured in.

Your temp workdesk looks nice and messy - good girl !!! So pleased to hear that you are getting more and more mobile by the day, but sorry hear you aren't sleeping as soundly as a baby every night.
luv
wynneth
x

Cheryl said...

glad to hear you are getting more and more mobile hun,but take it easy just love the card you have created hun really beautiful image,and love your tempory work space looks a bit like mine,hugs cherylxxxx

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh, there's nothing like a bit of new rubber! Those envelope stamps are great and I like what you made with them. Glad you are feeling a bit better x

Viv's Visuals said...

Tidy table!!!!LOL But what I'm more surpirsed at is the floor is Sooooooo clean!! Mine always hasd bits of paper/glitter/sticky stuff all over it - I am so darn messy!
Great card this - like the stamp!

Susan said...

Cute cute card and what a nice gift that was! Guess I didn't realize you'd had surgery...not keeping up too well am I?! Hope you continue to mend and are walking without a crutch soon!

Sally H said...

fab card, Kathy! I love it!

Katiejane said...

I for one am very pleased that you started your lovely blog as it's so much easier to catch up. I simply had no time for CB anymore with my blog and the little ones, not to mention the hubby!
I have to say, I think you are the biggest socialite I know. I deffinately couldn't keep up with your calender. (Jealous ;) )
Katie x