Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Afternoon what almost happened to Tuesday?

Afternoon,

I started Tuesday with the best of intentions this morning ..... and an early start! I was showered and dressed and ready to roll on a day of craftiness - right up until the moment hubby said "mall then?" - of course it went down hill for there forwards! Not that I had a problem with going to the mall but I only got my single stick yesterday (in lieu of crutches) and hadn't ventured far on it. Still, I'm no quitter so I thought "why not give it a test drive?" ... and off we went.

Hubby primarily wanted to scout the food hall at M&S to see what wondrous goodies might be available to tempt us over the holiday period (it'll be here before you know it ..... after all, last posting date for Australia and New Zealand is only twelve days away!) and I DID think I might be able to finish my last few bits and bobs of Christmas gift shopping. NORMALLY M&S have a fairly splendid selection of gifts .... this year? Not so much!! Not at all in fact - what did I buy? Nada, zip, zilch, nothing, not a sausage - actually a box of luxury biscuits and that was IT!!!! Hmmmmf that means I shall have to sally forth at least once more between now and December 25th then and you all just KNOW what the shops are already like. Here am I limping and using a stick and SLOWLY approaching the car - some excited motorist decided that we would be leaving in the not too distant future so completely blocked the parking lot waiting for our space! Crazy!

A quick bite of lunch and I'll hit the table of craftiness I thought and sat down to watch the news ........ followed by "Operation Petticoat" and then it was half past three. A cup of tea and then I'll hit the table of craftiness I thought - fortunately, nothing further came along to distract me so ......



Materials used:
  • C6 300 gsm Kraft card and matching envelope
  • DCWV striped backing paper
  • Red Coredinations textured red card
  • Recollections bauble and Woodware sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black on to white card
  • Crystal stickles
  • Sage green satin ribbon
  • Two faux crystal gemstones
  • Corner rounder

Hope you like it - better late than never huh?! I debated whether to colour the bauble but decided that there was enough colour going on  elsewhere on the card and that the stickles would be plenty - what do you all think?

Hope you are enjoying your Tuesday and haven't fallen foul of as many distractions as I have!!!

10 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Went to see Wendy at The Stamp Attic in Wantage - do you ever go there? Before that I was working in a school near there.
Love your little card and the glittery bauble.
Hope you are managing with a stick, it's definitely progress.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

scrappyjacky said...

I actually quite like the shops at this time of year....even though they're a bit manic....I especially like late night shopping in December with all the carols playing....and it really starts to feel like christmas.Not quite so pleasant if you're hobbling though!!

Debs M said...

it looks fab with the stickles, thanks for the heads up about posting to australia! x

Stamps and Paper said...

Stunning Christmas card Kathy....

Anne

Sandy said...

You were very brave hobbling your way through the shops at this time of year,
Love your card, great bauble, very sparkly
Sandy

Cheryl said...

oh hun gosh you are brave to go,hobbling around the shops especailly this time of year,just adore your card hun its,gorgeous love those baubles,hugs cherylxxx

Kerryp77 said...

Thats lovely, I completely agree about the bauble.

Katiejane said...

Oh Kathy, sounds like quite an event! At least you got your biccies and some fresh air! Back to Amazon it is then ;)
Such a lovely card, I love the effect of glitzing an image, it really bring the image to life.
Happy Wednesday.
Katie x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I love it just as it is.

Will be having a nose through your blog, catching up on your posts as I have no idea what's happened to you. But whatever it is, I hope you recover soon. xxx

Lou said...

H Kathy!

How did the hip replacement go? Hope you are doing well! X
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Garden update to follow shortly! :-)

Lou.x