Saturday, 12 November 2011

Hi and welcome to Saturday

Morning and welcome to the weekend - hope you've a fun one planned!

Phewww! Last night we headed out for dinner - my first "proper" social engagement since my op! The lovely Raj greeted me and said how well I was looking (for which I thank Bare Escentuals!) and the three of us (me, hubby and pal, Debbie) enjoyed a top notch evening.

Over on the craftbubble group, Craft Mad and Loving It there's a GUEST Design Team slot every four weeks and it is my privilege to have the opportunity to present the sketch this week and I've added the theme "Give a little flourish" to the sketch ....... check it out here

And here is the card I made using it - given the closeness of December 25th I'm sure you won't be surprised that it's a Christmas card .... me either!!!



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and envelope
  • Inkadinkado flourish inked in memento tuxedo black to the two top corners
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black on to white card pane and opposing corners rounded
  • Silver mirri card with opposing corners rounded, to layer my sentiment on to
  • Two white card panels (with corners rounded) on to which my Papermania bauble image was stamped using memento tuxedo black ink
  • Two silver mirri card panels with rounded corners (using my Fiskars punch)
  • Copic Atyou Spica black glitter pen used to draw the bauble hanger
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Hope you like it - it's been tricky with limited stash in my temporary craft room (aka the dining room) as poor hubby is probably getting a little fed up of running backwards and forwards fetching yet more stash! But, if you are reading this hun - THANK YOU!

Of course, another Saturday ritual has become the Simply Less Is More "Clean And Simple" challenge too and this week is no different - the challenge is to make a Clean And Simple One Layer Card featuring LEAVES. Check out the entries for this challenge by following this link


Happy Saturday everyone

3 comments:

clare said...

great card kathy and glad to hear you enjoyed your evening out! the sketch got me thinking but i've made my card. x

Louise said...

Great card Kathy. Lovely to see you back at the table of craftiness. I bet you are enjoying it. I love the sketch. I will try my best to have a go tomorrow, but I can't promise to join in this week, although I'd love to. Too much work to do and I need to see my parents too... will see how my time goes. x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely! Great layout x