Saturday, 26 November 2011

Hi and welcome to Saturday

Morning all,

Saturday again and a dull and grey one it is here too!! Still, I have a project which might raise your comfort level - it's a bit on the Christmas-y side though - are you ready for all things Christmas-y?

Further to my last post about ATC swap materials ...... here's what I made with the materials sent by my trading card buddy, Pam.



As Pam had sent me a teeny tiny envelope I decided to run with it rather than cut the front off. I added the following materials:
  • Green patterned backing paper from DCWV
  • Rectangular panel with rounded corners which I coloured using Brilliance rocket red gold and the direct to paper technique
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • I coloured the pearlised flowers using a combination of Brilliance rocket red gold and poppy.
  • Crystal faux gemstone which I had coloured using a pumpkin pro marker
What do you think? Anyway, now it's my turn to send my ATC back to Pam with challenge materials for her ........... I selected this fabulous image from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle and an ATC blank - we'll see what Pam makes of this.



The Craft Mad and Loving It challenge has been set by that little tinker, Rosie, this week. She's the master of fiendish challenges and she's chosen a poem to get us all thinking ...

A Christmas Poem.


I made myself a snowball, As perfect as can be

I thought I'd keep it as a pet, and let it sleep with me

I made it some pajamas, and a pillow for its head

Then last night it ran away, but first it wet the bed!

Whaddya think - fiendish .... or what? Inspired to have a go? Why not check out the other entries which I just know will be appearing as the day goes on.


There's a new challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog too and this week it's a Clean And Simple card with ......




Happy Saturday - will be back with the challenge makes - maybe later today!!!


7 comments:

Craftyrose said...

Moi...a tinker? Never!! Love what you have done with your swap bits Kathy! Good luck with venturing into the world of total craftiness Kathy! Yippee! It'll be like friends reunited of the crafty kind!!!!

joanne wardle said...

brilliant. love the poem!

Cheryl said...

oh just love what you have created here hun,just gorgeous,hugs cheyrlxxx

Debs M said...

great creations, looking forward to what you come up with for the challenge x

scrappyjacky said...

It looks lovely and christmasy.

Lilian said...

Love th card Kathy it really is pretty. Th flower always reminds me of my Mum. She had them every Christmas,

Katiejane said...

What a great poem! Great ATC, I wonder what Pam will create with hers?
Have a great week.
Katie x