Monday, 28 November 2011

Hi there and welcome to Monday

Hi there,

Hope you all had a great weekend - what did you all get up to? We're told that today is the busiest shopping day of the year, for on-line purchases so, my question is ..... will you be shopping on-line today?

The Simply Less Is More challenge, unveiled on Saturday morning, is to feature a CAS card with BLING!! Now this appealed to the Clean And Simple Card maker in me and I've had one go already ..... and now here's another. I was inspired by a newly acquired image and seeing another LIM-ette using this stamp (check out her entry here).


Materials used:
  • DL cream linen card and white envelope
  • Woodware image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out
  • Pro markers, to colour
  • Faux crystals to bling up the tree
  • Stickles to further bling it up
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Memento paris dusk

Close up of the bling!!

Yesterday evening saw me out for my first CHRISTMAS meal with my cousin, Debra, and my pal, Liz. We lead busy lives and this was about the only date we could manage, at the weekend, between now and January ......... we trundled along to the local Beefeater for their newly launched Christmas menu. They had Christmas decorations and a pretty tree in the reception are. They also had another one with what looked like price tags on it but, when we looked, the tags were little adverts for ....... Costa Coffee!!!! The starters and desserts were very nice but our three steaks were about the poorest quality we've had in a while, and CHEWY too - such a shame as everything else was good .... except the cracker jokes but who expects good cracker jokes?? It was so nice to get together anyway so we entirely overlooked the steak - especially as their chips were so fab! Ooops. Not a late night as Debra had to get to Birmingham after she left us so Liz and I adjourned back to ours for a further natter and a cuppa.


My pal, Liz


Debra and I

Have a great Monday - catch you later


16 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely, bright glittery tree - great image and lovely sentiment, thanks for dropping by.

Rema said...

Love the whimsical tree! Plenty of places to place bling on. Great job.....

Judie aka Craftymess said...

thats a gorjuss one hun, have you got glitter on there as well ?? love it xx

Debs M said...

great cas card and fabby pics xx

Viv's Visuals said...

Pity your steaks weren't as good as this card! Great job! (And at least you spent some nice time with your firends!)

Cheryl said...

super photos,hun looks like you had fun and just adore your tree hun its really beautiful,hugs cherylxxx

Beth said...

Beautiful card, I love this sparkly tree! I've just come home from town - it's manic! Definitely true about a busy shopping day! :-)

Love Beth xx

Mandi said...

I have this tree too Kathy
You have made it look so rpetty
Thanks so much
FAB pics btw
mandi LIM

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card Kathy
Beryl x

sandie said...

Hi Kathy

Came to your site whilst looking through LIM. I have this stamp and loved what you have done with it especially the added glitter. I have made a couple of cards with it but off to make some more-thanks for the inspiration
Sandie

Gillian said...

Love the colours you have used in your card Kathy.

Suze Bain said...

What a jolly christmas tree. Love this stamp and it looks great all glittered up. xx

Meadie said...

Your chrissy tree is so pretty with the bling!hugs x x

Chrissie said...

That is a great tree Kathy and it's a super card.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karen said...

Now I love this tree, because I have had this stamp for a few years and I use it regularly every Christmas! Love the colours you've used Karen x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I really love that tree Kathy! What a fabulous image, and you have blinged it beautifully!