Sunday, 13 November 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Morning all,

Happy Sunday though it is tinged with a little sadness being remembrance Sunday and our thoughts naturally turn to people in the armed services and to people who have lost family members and friends to conflicts.

That said, it's challenge day over on Craft Mad and Loving It and, as the Guest Design Team Member for this week it falls to me to set the themed challenge to run until next Saturday ...... I've chosen the colour theme of RED and GREEN but specified that it must NOT be a Christmas project. I usually only ever put red and green together when making things for Christmas but hey, they're great colours so wanted to see what my very creative pals on CMLI could come up with - I just KNOW they won't let me down! I decided to go with an ATC which started out as a resist ATC HOWEVER, when I did the resist (using my versamark ink) and then inked over using D.I.'s it simply didn't show up at all!! But boy did it zing when I brushed my perfect pearls over!! Weird huh?, anyway, hope you like it! I'm still thinking it might fit in to the leaves challenge over on Simply Less Is More but ...... is it CAS enough? It's official - Chrissie over at Simply Less Is More reckons it's not quite CAS enough, ah well - it was just a thought
 


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • All stamps by Paper Artsy. I inked the background leafy image in versamark and stamped randomly before allowing to dry.
  • Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet, Barn Door, Fired Brick
  • I inked the sentiment in Ranger Archival jet black and, again, allowed what I thought was sufficient time to dry.
  • I then inked the large leaf image in Brilliance thyme and then brushed a green perfect pearls over before noticing that this also made my "invisible" resist pop! so I lightly brushed my PP's all over - ZING!

Lovely sunny day here though still a smidge misty - which will be bound to burn off as the sun is shining. Hubby's headed off to the flying field very shortly and I hope to crack on with some more crafting of my own.

Christmas shopping is the next thing which comes to mind and I've been doing pretty well with my on-line Christmas this year. THE biggest problem is my hubby ...... he's been a bit of a superstar to me (always, but especially so since I've been on crutches) so I really want to get him some tip top Christmas gifties that aren't the usual socks/chocs etc. Had a bit of a lightbulb moment last evening and ordered him a DVD last night which I'm sure he'll enjoy (as might I!!!) but need further inspiration ........ for the man who already has at least one of everything - any ideas?

Here's hoping you will all enjoy a cracking Sunday and catch y'all later



8 comments:

Chrissie said...

Well it's a great card Kathy, but I don't really think it's CAS! There's not a lot of space anywhere... either white or any other colour for that matter... however it is one layer and it has a leaf, so two out of three isn't too bad!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

clare said...

Great ATC kathy. Love the techniques you have used. x

Brenda Brown said...

Still pretty and the colours are great together.
Hope your weekend is going well.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Craftyrose said...

Well it's beautiful anyway Kathy! Hada better night's sleep thanks, couldn't sleep all the way through because my teeth decided to join in for a bit of fun as well! But much better all round many thanks. xxxxx

Aileen said...

It may not be CAS enough for LIM but it's still stunning. I love the different effect you've achieved with your resist technique. x

laurie said...

Thats just beautiful!

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy well done. The colour is lovely.
Lilian x

Shobana said...

Simply lovely! :)