Monday, 21 November 2011

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week!

Hi folks,

Hope you had a splendid weekend and are ready to face another week!

I'm back at the hospital this afternoon for what I hope will be a rubber stamped approval of my progress since my op, almost five weeks ago! I didn't feel like I made much progress initially but now feel myself improving daily and the dreadful pre-op pain has gone and my mobility continues to improve - yee haa - REEEEESULT! It was worth it!

Anyhoo, to celebrate, I have hit my temporary table of craftiness with abandon this morning - looking forward to being able to return to my permanent crafting home some time VERY soon though and all my much missed supplies.

Here's a third entry for the Simply Less Is More blog challenge of silhouettes - this is the second attempt at my third attempt (does this make sense?), the reject also appears ...... below, I'd be interested to think which you prefer readers.



Materials used:
  • 5" square 300gsm scalloped card and matching envelope
  • Circular mask
  • Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans
  • Water spritzer
  • Penny Black image and Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black (I tried Memento but it just didn't stamp black enough)
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

And now for the mark I version! I just felt it needed a little extra - then I decided that I preferred the mark II sentiment over the one below too ...... and so it goes on!



Materials used:
  • 5" square 300gsm scalloped card and matching envelope
  • Penny Black image and Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black (I tried Memento but it just didn't stamp black enough)
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Which do you prefer?

Yesterday saw us round at the surrogates for the Secret Santa draw. I had what I felt were brilliant ideas for two of the surrogates but guess what? I didn't draw either of them! BUM! Back to the drawing board!

Yes, there was food too!
  
Have a fantabulous Monday despite the (mostly) grotty weather outside!




30 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Another beauty, Kathy - love those brush stroke imnages x

Debs M said...

i do prefer the card with the colour behind x

Suze Bain said...

They're both lovely but yes I do think the inky background enhances the silhouettes. xx

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, what beautiful stamps, i love both cards, both are perfect, well done.
A hug from Palma

Victoria said...

Gorgeous stamp, and I prefer the coloured background behind the deer. It really draws the eye in.

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, So glad you are progressing well and feeling better:0)
Great cards. I love both but actually prefer the one with the inked circle, which is brilliant, great choice of colours and excellent application, Gay xxx

scrappyjacky said...

I definately prefer the circle behind....makes it 'pop' much more.
Glad you're progressing so well.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Kathyk. I definitely think the inked circle makes a great card even better. Glad you're on the mend. Sue.x

RebeccaJaneHoy said...

Love both your cards but probably prefer the one with some colour- wierdly enough i think we've used the same image!

Rebecca

Katiejane said...

Thats a shame, still I'm sure you'll come up with some good ideas.
Great cards, I think the top one is my fave with that splash of colour.
Keep up the good work.
Katie x

Mim said...

Ohh, I like the 'Peace on Earth' one - that fab moon and sparkle on the ground capture the essence of serenity!

Viv said...

Two super cards Kathy, glad you are on the mend too :O) Viv xx

Dezinaworld said...

Kathy i love them both. your christmas cards are inspiring
hugs June x

Beryl K said...

Fabulous cards Kathy, I think I like the first one best, but it's really difficult to choose
Beryl x

Brenda Brown said...

Now I have to say the new card is definitely better and more attractive, but that's what we call learning.
Shame about the draw - back to the drawing board.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxxo

StampnMichelle said...

what a beautiful card!

Ann Y. said...

Both beautiful cards, Kathy, but I really love the one with the sponged area. Lovely.

Thanks for sharing your opinion of distress inks. I'll definitely check out some YouTube videos. :) Ann Y.

Mandi said...

Theya re both FAB KAthy
I am tempted to get this stamp. I wonder what that is in the middle, is it a stocking? My eyes can't work it out. I think, for me, Id lop that bit off lol

Can't choose between tyour cards, Kathy
Hope you got the result you wanted

Thanks so much
mandi
LIM

Marrigje said...

Great cards. I love this stamp. I think I like the first one just a little bit more than the second one.

Chrissie said...

Well I like them both Kathy.
I hope you continue to improve health-wise!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cheryl said...

oh hun these are brilliant cards you are amazing at cas cards hun really beautiful,hope you are on the mend too hun hugs cherylxxxxx

Vicky said...

Stunning cards Kathy! I prefer the first. Love the sponged circle, showcases those beautiful reindeers perfectly!!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Craftyrose said...

Love the one with the splash of colour! Hope you are doing well lovely. xx

Hello From Texas said...

Both cards are wonderful Kathy, but I am partial to the color blue, so I have to admit to liking the first one a bit more. :D
TFS
Carole

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Both terrific cards. I think I like the first one best, but it's hard to choose. xxx

Annette said...

Great cards Kathy. My preference would be the one with the masked circle behind the image. However, I also love the unmasked one.

Marlena M. said...

I think both cards have their own appeal. One has drama, and the other (with color) is beautiful! ;)

Julie said...

I like both cards but the first with the blue is eye catching!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Kathy - love the image, and I think my favourite would have to be the one with the inked background - it sets the image off a treat!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Karen said...

Both are lovely but I especially like the first one with the sponged blue - it really is eye catching Karen x