Sunday, 20 November 2011

Sunday, Sunday!

Hi there,

Karen set the Saturday/Sketchie challenge over on Craft Mad and Loving It and, with Christmas rolling ever closer, she picked a Christmas Carol or Song as her theme. Well, this set me wondering .... the first thing that came to mind was the Twelve Days of Christmas as I have the fab clear stamps from Penny Black but ..... I used them for a previous sketch challenge that was song related and I didn't want to be a "one trick pony"!!! so - then I remembered this Trimcraft set. Now I don't really like using this set as the image is so very shallow that it's tricky to get a decent stamped image. I tried using Memento ink for the snowman, without success so ended up using Ranger Archival jet black but this doesn't react well to pro markers - what a choice?!?!? So you can see the final result has very little in the way of colouring.



Materials used:
C6 300 gsm Kraft card and matching envelope
Trimcraft image and sentiment inked on to white card
Pro markers to colour
Silver mirri card to layer image panel
Plaid and Snowflake papers by DCWV
Red organza ribbon tied round the bp and in to a knot
Crystal stickles to highlight snow on the image and the snowflakes on the backing paper

Hope you like it. Karen has also set the Sunday themed challenge on CMLI too and it's WHITE ON WHITE!

Here's another silhouette entry for the LIM challenge ...



Materials used:
  • 5" square 300 gsm scalloped white card
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens in red and black
  • Crystal stickles
  • Narrow red satin ribbon

Max from Bah Humbug very kindly left me a comment about my little box from their Bag or Box challenge - just in case anyone is interested ......  it's a Split Coast Stampers tutorial and you can see it here - ENJOY

Well, today's the day we join the surrogate family for a meal and carry out our Secret Santa draw - now I'm not normally a pessimist but I pretty much guarantee that, because I have had a "lightbulb moment" regarding gifts for two of them, I won't draw either of them!!! What do you reckon? Came to me whilst I was trawling t'internet for something completely unrelated whilst listening to the radio - I can't say any more at this stage - for fear of further jinxing the draw - I'll let you know how it works out!


22 comments:

Debs M said...

looks fabby x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Fabulous card.....
Hugs sylvie
xxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful cards Kathy, love the snowman it was always a special film when the children were young and your cas card is very elegant.
Good luck with your Secret Santa draw.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Viv's Visuals said...

Love these birdies! Great card

scrappyjacky said...

Love that second card,Kathy....simply elegant.
We're up your way next weekend....having a visit to the Bath christmas market.

Mandi said...

Oh Kathy I LOVE those robins
Wil have to see if I can source that stamp it;s superb
Terrific card

Thanks so much
mandi LIM

Suze Bain said...

Love those little festive birds Kathy. xx

lena-dailyscrap said...

Love those little christmas birds!!!

Max said...

Just popped over to thank you for the link for the cute triangle box Kathy - very kind of you xx Very pretty papers you've used on your snowman card and am loving the sparkle.
Wishing you good luck in the secret santa draw.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

My name is Wynneth said...

Two smashing cards Kathy, I do so love that row of birds image and it looks so elegant in the black, white, red combo. Lovely Snowman card too. Hope the SS draw worked in your favour then if you've got ideas for the gift already !
luv
wynneth
x

StampnMichelle said...

what a fun interpretation for Christmas. I love it.

Sally said...

Hi Kathy, two smashing cards & my fave is the little birdie one. They all look so cute in their Christmas hats!
Sally x

Chrissie said...

This is a really cute LIM card Kathy although to be a true silhouette the hats should be all black too!
Thanks as ever.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marrigje said...

I like your snowman card. That is warm and fuzzy, as well as snowy great! But your LIM card is great! I do love the image of the crows.

Victoria said...

When I saw your card in the LIM links, I thought the silhouettes were cocktail glasses!! The birds are soooo cute. I think it's a really striking card and I love the little santa hats. Gorgeous!

Cath Wilson said...

Love those birds - gorgeous card x

Diane said...

Just love those blackbirds with their Santa hats! xx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Brilliant Santa hatted crows, I thought they were cocktails at first LOL Great Snowman Christmas card too, Gay xxx

GinaA said...

This is a great set of birds, a storm of crows? Anyhow I just love the red hats and the way they stand. Absolutely FAB.

Ann Y. said...

What cute little birds. Love their red santa hats. :) Ann Y.

Aileen said...

Your christmas birdies are so fun. x

Toulouse31 said...

Thanks for visiting my little corner of Blogland! I think my favourite of your Less is More cards is this one, I'm loving the red hats, great touch, Hugs Donna :-)