Sunday, 6 November 2011

Woo Hoo crafting ....... FINALLY!!!

Hi there and welcome to Sunday,

As my regular readers will know I've been craft deprived for far too long what with a holiday and then a trip to hospital and now my rehab. HOWEVER, I could stand it no longer and practically begged my dear hubby to zoom round behind the couch to my table of craftiness since I cannot! Bless him, he did it with a good heart but the word "dies" holds no meaning for him - nor does "gridded acrylic block"!!! He did a marvellous job, as with everything else he tackles (with the exception of compression stockings but we won't dwell on that eh?) and I am temporarily installed in my dining room - yee haa indeed.

What to tackle first? Well, I did have the foresight to install my Big Shot and most dies in there already, along with some stamped images and my pens so all was not totally lost and I have been able to colour a few things. I normally enter the weekly challenges on Craft Mad and Loving It, Simply Less Is More and Bah Humbug plus any others which take my fancy so there was a fair old backlog!

Right, well, here is my entry for the Simply Less Is More blog which has the challenge of RED and ORANGE this week. No other rules besides the obvious that less really is more!



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and envelope
  • Image stamped on to white card and coloured using Marvy alcohol marker pens
  • White card panel slightly larger than image panel and coloured using the red marker pen

Next off the block was this week's sketchie set by Lauren over on the Craft Mad and Loving It group ...... which also happens to fit with the Challenge #43 SNOWMEN theme over on the Bah Humbug blog - boy I told you I was desperate to catch up! Lauren had also specified "Warm and Cosy" and boy, with those hats on, don't they look cosy?!?!?!



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and envelope
  • Papermania dotty paper from freebie stack (CM&P I believe)
  • Offcut of red card
  • Offcut of red and white striped paper
  • Silver Mirri card
  • Die cut holographic red circle of card
  • Snowman image inked in memento tuxedo black and die cut using a Marianne die
  • Marvy alcohol marker pens
  • Wink of Stella silver glitter pen to highlight

Feels great to have finally achieved some crafting - hope to some more tomorrow too. Hope your Sunday is motoring along nicely and enjoy the rest of it.



34 comments:

Dora said...

woo hoo that is so nice to see you crafting again .. you sound so happy :) .. love your cards both of them so colourful. The snowman one is really cute. Hugs xxx

Carol said...

Lovely to see you Kathy, hope your rehab is going okay. Two fab cards, I adore your snowmen. Carol x

Chrissie said...

It's great to see that you are back crafting again Kathy!
This looks terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

How kind of your hubby to help you craft and what a great team effort:)
Anne
x

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Kathy, so good to see you crafting again. I hope you are feeling better
Beryl x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Brilliant news well done hubby and well done you, 2 great cards, love the LIM one so sunny in the red and orange colours. Hope recovery continues apace, Gay xxx

clare said...

great to see you crafting again! 2 fab cards. x

Ann said...

So good to have you back. Great cards.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Louise said...

Great to see you back crafting. Both cards are fab and it looks like you've not lost your eye for a good card over the last few weeks.
You'll be back to fetching your own craft stuff and nipping about on one crutch in no time! Take care this week and hope the recovery continues x

Victoria said...

Get well soon! Love both cards, especially the red and orange one :)

Kerryp77 said...

lovely to have you back creating again Kathy, love the beach huts - so vibrant

Lilian said...

Kathy Great cards and am so glad you have found your mojo. So glad things are getting better. Take care my friend.
Lilian

Cheryl said...

oh how brilliant to have your husband craft with you hun and boy these are gorgeous cards just love the cas one so striking just love it and adore the second one too super cute image and great layout hugs cherylxx

Katiejane said...

Woohoo, way to go Kathy and to Steve -what a sweetie! I can just imagine his response to "Can you pass me the dies please" lol.
You've fallen right back into the swing of things and in such great style. 2 cards yesterday, 3 today? Still, take it easy.
Katie xx

Ruth said...

Very cute snowman card. Also love your orange and red card! I hope your recovery goes well.

Rita said...

So happy to see you back Kathy. Hope your well on the road to recovery. Your snowman is wonderful,so you certainly have not lost your talent. Hugs Rita xxx

EmmGee said...

I love these 'Little Claire' stamps and the whole set. Have made several different cards with them. Well done you, and welcome back into the Crafty World.

Sandra said...

Great card, good to see you back crafting! Sandra

Tammy said...

Adorable cards!! I love the snowman family!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Hugs, Tammy

Aileen said...

Good to "see" you again Kathy and hope you are getting better. Love your LIM card. Those huts are so fab. x

Kathryn said...

Glad your feeling better x lovely cards I've still not thought of something for less is more ha ha x

Jingle said...

YAY for getting back to crafting! Cute cards!

Jenny said...

Hi Kathy, good to see you back at LIM...this is a great idea for the challenge..certainly a cheery card :)
Jenny x

Viv's Visuals said...

Oooo these are lovely! Love the beach huts especially. Thanks for dropping by my blog - hope to see you again!

Brenda Brown said...

So fabulous to see you crafting again and 2 great cards. Take care with the hip though.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

kingstonmama said...

Cute row of houses, and a very sweet snow family! Glad you're back at Less is More. :) Ann Y.

Margaret said...

Great cards Kathy and glad you're on the mend
Margaret x

Valerie said...

Great cards Kathy nice to see you back again:)
Val x

Marlena M. said...

Kathy, I love the way the houses pop off the border in your first-very cool! As for the second~ I loooooove snowpeople and this family is adorable. ;)

Carla said...

love your houses

Suzi B said...

Lovely to see you back Kathy.. I'd missed you :o)
great cards and yes the colours at LIM this week are wonderful.. and your lovely sunny beach huts remind me of whats to come .... we hope !
suzi b xx

nicky said...

Both are lovely cards
Nicky

Viv said...

Fab cards Kathy ,well done again :O) Viv xx

Mrs.B said...

Two great cards Kathy. Really like the beach huts.
Avril