Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Afternoon what almost happened to Tuesday?

You probably spotted that the Purple Princess has been away from her desk today ..... my pal (Liz) and I went off to Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust this morning. It started off a bit chilly but layers were definitely the way to go and, as the day wore on we lost a few layers. We got to see otters as well as the birds though it should be pointed out that what we actually saw was otters sleeping but boy, they sure were CUTE!!! The were behind thick glass so there was NO CHANCE of a photo sadly. I did however, manage to take a couple of photos ...... which I'd like to share with you below

Can you spot the reject flamingo in the heap? (there's a white one!)
Feed me! Feed me .... NOW!!!
Me? A swan? Awww .....

Look at this sleepy little chap!

Hope you've all had a good day - it was a good long walk for me and I was glad to get home to put my feet up for an hour - thanks Liz - it was fun. Hope you've enjoyed sharing my day trip to Slimbridge (just south of Gloucester).

8 comments:

Debs M said...

great pics, looks like you had a lovely day x

scrappyjacky said...

Glad you're managing to walk so far now....looks a lovely place.

Lilian said...

lovely photos Kathy. Glad you both had a good time. Take care matey.
lilian x

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you managed a long walk - well done and I love the pics.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Katiejane said...

It looks like you had a lovely trip, I've not been there since I was a kid on a school trip and I remember all it did was rain! It looks like you had more luck -great pics.
Katie x
Will email you shortly

Judie aka Craftymess said...

looks like you had a fab day out xx

scrapkowa maniaczka - Dorota 71 said...

Oj widzę, że coś dla mnie :)
Zdjęcia ptaszków.
\Pozdrawiam cieplutko
Dorota

Kathyk said...

The comment above (from Dorothy) translates as:

Oh, I see that something for me:) Pictures of birds. \ Nice and warm greet Dorothy