This morning hasn't dawned much better, we've had terrific winds, lots of rain - even a ten minute hail storm!! Hmmmf, and there's me supposed to go out for a 15 minute walk twice each day as part of my rehab - and this is important to my fullest recovery so there was nothing for it but ........ to walk continuously around the house for 15 minutes!!! Blimey - you got any idea how many times you can walk around your house and up and down the stairs in 15 minutes???? My hubby reckoned he was getting dizzy! and he WASN'T even walking with me! I forget how many circuits of the coffee table I notched up - but it was STILL raining when I finished but at least I was dry, and surprisingly warm too!!
Now for the crafting bit of this craft obsessive blog ...... hubby was out last night so I set out to make a new home card for my pal who's imminently moving but it just wasn't new home card night ... plan B) was another entry for the Simply Less Is More "Let It Snow" themed challenge this week but hey - I already have around 30 cards for NEXT Christmas so that didn't get off the ground either. There was nothing for it but to try something that wouldn't take up much space but which DID take a lot of techniques and time ........... so here it is, an art journal style ATC!!!! Hope you like it
How I achieved it .......
- I took one white ATC blank, my Tim Holtz distressing tool and Distress Inks in bundled sage, peeled paint and shabby shutters and coloured the entire ATC.
- Next I took some sequin waste and the distress tool (not inked again) and just sponged through the waste randomly.
- I inked my Paper Artsy texture stamp with forest moss and stamped off a couple of times before putting on my ATC.
- I squirted a small amount of Kaisercraft gold acrylic paint on to a palette and then dragged an old credit card through it and used it to apply some lines. With the leftover gold paint I twirled an old toothpaste cap and used to add circles.
- For the smaller black circles I took the top off of a shimmer mister and twirled round on my Ranger Archival jet black ink pad.
- I then inked my Hero Arts star in versamagic sage first and then a second image in Brilliance thyme.
- All that remained then was to ink the Hero Arts sentiment in Ranger Archival jet black and then give the whole ATC a quick spritz in sunflower yellow mica mist and set aside overnight to dry ......... worth it? I'd like to think so, I'm quite happy with it.
And whilst on the topic of art journaling - which we were, loosely .....
I uploaded a seven second video of one of our hail storms this morning but, sadly, it didn't really show up so I deleted it again - it just looked like a view from my front door! Ah well, trust me - it looked (for several minutes after it stopped) like we'd had snow! Of course, now we have mini streams flowing down the gutters instead!!! DEFINITELY a worthwhile exercise - wearing a path in the carpet instead of going out this morning!!