Saturday, 10 December 2011

Hi and welcome to Saturday

Morning all

Saturday being, challenge day, usually keeps me busy at the table of craftiness and this is a good thing as there's a THICK white frost out there today - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yesterday, I set to crafting - something I hadn't had time for since Sunday of last week!!! YIKES - not like me. Just goes to prove how quickly you get out of the habit...... I chose to use a Kraft card and a layout I have used several times and really liked (A LOT!), I felt it versatile enough for both a Christmas card and a sympathy card - now those are poles apart aren't they? So I set off using the Kraft as the background .... then stamped my background images. Stamped my main image and sentiment and stepped back - DISGUSTING. Looked like it was destined for the bin. We crafters hate to concede defeat in such a rash manner so ...... after a bit of a think, I took a white card panel and started again ..... whaddya think, did it work second time? (If you look carefully at the base card you can just about make out the original layout but I think it merely enhances my panel - but that could just be me!)


Materials used:
  • C6 300 gsm Kraft base card and matching envelope
  • Panel of 300 gsm white card, cut slightly smaller than my kraft base card
  • Distress inks: fired brick, aged mahogany, vintage photo, black soot
  • Paper Artsy chequer image inked in vintage photo and stamped twice in opposing corners
  • Paper Artsy line image inked in versacolor gold and stamped twice in opposing corners
  • Paper Artsy flora image inked in Ranger Archival jet black and stamped in full once and just partially a second time
  • Studio 112 image partially inked in Ranger Archival jet black. This stamp also includes a car image and a 2nd sentiment, which I didn't want to use.
 
And here's the same formula .... previously posted, as a Christmas card

Over on the Simply Less Is More blog it's time for a One Layer Card and this week's theme is "LET IT SNOW" - now I shot myself in the foot recently by using my truly gorgeous Inkadinkado snowflake for another theme - it would have been soooooooooooooooo perfect for this one but hey ....... it's not like I don't have other stamps!!!

On craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It group Clare has set a theme (whilst the sketch challenge rests until January) of "TAKE THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH" and this sounds like an intriguing challenge - two things popped straight in to my head but I can't share them yet ....... because then I might have to kill you!!! Only joking! You know what's it's like - you have a brilliant idea (allegedly) to use two elements but they fail to work together, now - if you shared it people will KNOW it didn't work, right?

Have a great Saturday and stay warm - if you have to go out then watch your step ...


2 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I think it works really well.Kathy.
Thick frost here as well....and blooming cold.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I like 'em both! x