Thursday, 15 December 2011

Hi there and welcome to a slightly soggy, but sunny, Thursday!

Hi folks,

What about this weather eh? It's true you know, we Brits DO love to talk about the weather!!! Yesterday it was blowing a gale and alternating between torrential rain and sleet and today I can see brilliant sunshine through dark grey clouds - these clouds seem to indicate that the sunshine may only be temporary! Certainly looking at the weather radar there's a particularly nasty load of rain heading our way - whoop dee doo!

Hmmm - hubby's gone grocery shopping and I've started on the soup for our starter this evening, we have  guests coming to dinner tonight and tomorrow so hubby will be busy chef-ing in the kitchen. Since about the only thing I cook these days is soup (or chilli) I thought I would make the starter!

I've a wash load of delicates in too - one thing hubby declined to do whilst I've been recuperating (afraid he would shrink everything!) but I now feel that I should be taking back some of my duties and giving the poor guy a break! He's been marvellous doing all the cooking (which he already does) cleaning, laundry, shopping etc - I've felt like I've had a servant and I could soooooo get used to it but it wouldn't be fair any longer as I feel so much improved. I still have a few limitations, which I'm working on, but - basically NORMAL is almost back! My rehab equipment was collected yesterday and I almost feel ready to drive again - might try hubby's car at the weekend and, if that goes OK, then we'll tax my car and I can get mobile - something I'm REALLY looking forward to, I can tell you all.

My Dark Room Door delivery arrived this morning from the Artists  Trading Post and I couldn't wait to get cracking - lucky I had some Klingon! The only thing I don't love about DRD is having to mount and cut them out ..... I suppose I COULD use them uncushioned but...



Materials used:
  • 6" square 300gsm scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • Dark Room Door reindeer image inked in Brilliance chocolate and stars in versacolour gold
  • Dark Room Door sentiment inked in Brilliance rocket red gold
  • Stardust stickles to highlight

Get well vibes still going out to the same two people as yesterday although one now has an operation date so light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully - best wishes for Friday.

Happy Thursday

5 comments:

Debs M said...

ooh lovely x

scrappyjacky said...

The card turned out great. So many stamps need cutting and mounting....including one of my favourites....Crafty Individuals.....I hate it.

Cheryl said...

oh this is gorgeous hun love that image so glad you are well on the mend too,hugs cherylxxxxx

Sandy said...

A fab reindeer, lovely CAS card, Hope your dinner goes well, It has been quite warm here 30C and I'm off to a craft breakup lunch - no soup, LOL.
Sandy

GoonerGirl said...

Beautiful card.. Chris xx
Merry Christmas