Thursday, 1 December 2011

Hi there and welcome to a sunny Thursday!

Hi everyone and welcome to December,

Strangely enough, as we roll towards Christmas - the sun is shining and it looks merely autumnal - what's that all about??? Where are the crisp frosts and the fabulously frosty cobwebs on hedgerows that I remember from my childhood? Doesn't really feel like Christmas is less than four weeks away ........ not to me anyway.

I've written most of my Christmas cards now. I started in January, with the objective of making around half a dozen each month which would mean now final push, come November, to get enough hand made cards to send out to all of my family and friends. Now, I just MAY have overdone it as, having written most of them, I appear to have quite a few left over! Hmmmm - my objective was to have 100 made in readiness as I actually sent out slightly over 100 last year. This year looks like I was far more sensible with the number of exchanges and I expect to send out 70! - still sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

AND I've discovered that I appear to be ADDICTED to making Christmas cards too as I ran up another two last night! DOH! I just don't seem to know when to stop! At this rate I won't have any to make with next years inevitable batch of new Christmas stamps - ooooooopsie.



Materials used:
  • 300gsm 5" square scalloped white card, envelope and insert
  • Inkadinkado snowflake and Woodware sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black and Brilliance rocket red gold
  • Stardust stickles
  • Red faux gems


Materials used:
  • 300gsm 5" white scallop edged card
  • Inkadinkado reindeer image (from the same fabulous set as the snowflake) and DoCrafts sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Red faux crystal gemstones
  • Stardust stickles to highlight

Anyway, enough of that ........ this morning my postie brought me the new issue of Craft Stamper with its smashing free stamp of a rooster - I know a pal or two that will enjoy this stamp. Me? I'm still pondering .... Also in there are some fabulous articles by people I know (of, I should say rather than personally) - I'm a follower of their blogs Kate Crane, Chrissie Stokes and Brenda Brown. Lots of interesting projects contained within this issue and I hardly know where to start .....

So, without further ado, I'm off to my table of craftiness to see if I'm capable of a decision - wish me luck, I'm going in!!! Have a fabulous Thursday


7 comments:

Debs M said...

they really are lovely stamps Kathy!! x

Liza said...

The firsst card is absolutley adorable! :)

I have done to many christmas cards as well. It's just way to fun. ;)

Mandi said...

Thse are so classy Kathy
I saw the snowflake on their Shadow set, I love him too LOL

Thanks for your comments just now, had addeed the wrong card, can;t believe it! Changed the post now

Your profile pic is FAB!

MM

scrappyjacky said...

More gorgeous cards,Kathy.....practise obviously makes perfect!!!!
Mine are just about all made.....but not all written in.

Katiejane said...

Stunning Kathy and well done on creating so many Xmas xards!
It's getting cold here but still no sign of snow -completely different to last year! I think we need to get the tree up to make it a bit festive!
Have a great weekend.
Katie x

Karen said...

Kathy such beautiful cards, you make gorgeous crations week after week - very inspiring. Thank for for the lovely comments on my blog Karen x

Lilian said...

Kathy the cards are lovely once more. Wish i had started as soon as you did making them I would not be still doing them now lol.
Take care my friend
lilian x