Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Hi there and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday!

Wotcher peeps,

It was such a filthy day yesterday that I felt the urge to do a little on-line retail therapy and treated myself to two sets of DarkRoom Door images - don'cha just love Rachel Griegs tins? I found that UK stockists vary quite a bit on cost from around £18 to £27 per set!!! I've been eyeing up one of the sets for an absolute age since my pal, Wynneth, bought the set earlier in the year.

Now Wynneth's not terribly well at the moment and another pal has been having tests this week so ...... sending you both FEEL BETTER vibes.

On another matter ...... Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE the Clean And Simple genre but I'm beginning to wonder if I've lost my mojo as far as it's concerned. Remember the new home card on Monday? Well here's another one that doesn't quite ...... is it the Kraft card do you think?


Materials used:
  • C6 300 gsm Kraft card and matching envelope
  • Kaisercraft grid image inked in memento cocoa bean
  • Tim Holtz image and sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black - does anyone else have trouble getting this image to ink thoroughly? I tried it with Ranger Archival jet black first but with even less success and I was using a soft mat to try to get a better impression too!
  • Three faux amber crystals

I had a fairly busy day ahead of me with a pal scheduled to visit this morning, for coffee, and another this afternoon - to exchange presents over a cuppa and a mince pie! Plus, I'm expecting someone to call to collect the mobility equipment I've had on loan since my operation - a sure sign I must be getting better! If only I could get my walking cracked I'd be a very happy bunny - but it doesn't stop me crafting! However, the DREADFUL weather has already cancelled my morning plans. We had some extreme weather overnight and, close to where my pal would have been coming from, there was a nasty "incident" overnight so we've decided not to risk the journey - just for coffee and a chat - we'll get together again sometime (hopefully) soon.

It's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday today and, as my work desk doesn't change much, I thought you might enjoy a rummage through another part of my crafting area - hidden (well nearly hidden) behind the couch!



Anyway, I FINALLY decided on something to buy my hubby for Christmas and it just arrived so I'd best get off and wrap it whilst he's not about and doesn't get to see what it is!

Happy Wednesday


5 comments:

Debs M said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts x
Hmmm I wonder if just moving the elements around would change how you feel about the card? i think he may look better on the left but im no expert! love the stash behind the couch, would love to have a rummage!!

scrappyjacky said...

I don't have this one...but I do have another Tim Holtz that never seems to ink properly....though I love what you've made with this.

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, yes I got your gorgeous card today.. thank you. Mine is still on the way, as I only posted them on Monday!!! As always I leave everything for the last minute.. and sorry I didn't let you know immediately that I got it, but I'm always on a rush on Wednesdays having to take son to football.. Hey I love your Krafty card today.. the black stamping and the three gems make it very interesting. Hugs xxx

Sandy said...

I think he probably would have looked better on the left too, but that's just me. I don't have any Kraft card left as SU have stopped making it. I think the cardstock is ok. Great stash of baby wipes, LOL!!
Sandy

Katiejane said...

Have a mince pie for me! I love kraft so I think it's pretty cool :)
Poor Wynneth, hope she's ok -it's the season for illness and it's everywhere :(
Have a good day.
Katie x