Thursday, 29 December 2011

Hi there - Thursday already!

Hi there,

Hard to believe we're already at December 29th - the last Thursday in 2011 - how's your year been? I've had ups and downs and I'm sure most people have had the same. I hope that 2012 will be better for you if you've had more downs than ups.

Just a quickie journal panel today - been a while since I did any but I ordered a moleskin journal on-line this morning so thought I should get some practise in!


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white card
  • black card panel
  • Neocolour II water soluble wax pastels to colour the background
  • Baby wipe
  • Tanzanite shimmer spritz and icicle mask
  • Lid from toothpaste pump rubbed on versacolour gold ink pad and applied randomly
  • Plastic "cork" from bottle rubbed across versafine ginger ink pad and applied to centre of gold circles. I REALLY like the effect this achieved as it's not an even application of colour.
  • Credit card dragged through the gold ink pad and used to draw "lines"
  • Paper Artsy images inked in Brilliance crimson, memento london fog and memento tuxedo black
  • Inkadinkado animal skin image inked in versacolour gold
  • Stampers Anonymous star and check background inked in versacolour silver and studiog plum
  • Faber and Castell Pitt pen used to draw freehand border

Hope you like it and I hope you are enjoying your post Christmas break too. May see you all tomorrow with more "stuff" - thanks for stopping by

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've done here,Kathy.

Debs M said...

wow looks great x

clare said...

fab page kathy. i'm hoping to get into art journalling in 2012, my new years resolution!!

Cherry said...

Looks so fab Kathy. Love the gold and the border in particular. Like Clare I want to do lots of this in 2012.

Like you 2011 has had many ups and downs. Happy New Year to you and MR K. Looking forward to the glitter all in feb. hugs Cherry XXx

Cheryl said...

oh kathy this is one,brilliant page just love love this to bits,hope you have an amazing new year hun hugs cherylxxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab Kathy. I just love those colours together. I'm really looking forward to watching your journalling journey. Lx