Saturday, 31 December 2011

The last day of 2011 - stand by to get used to writing 2012!

Hi folks,

New Years Eve, ALREADY? What on earth happened to the rest of 2011, one minute it was October and now it's about to become 2012. Got plans for this evening? Whatever you are going to be doing I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year - I hope that 2012 will be kind to you and your family.

A little New Years Eve crafting - a Clean And Simple ATC - this is intended for my trading card buddy Denise - Happy New Year Denise!


Materials used:
  • White ATC blank
  • New Year cat image, Cheers sentiment and Champagne bottle image by the Cats Pyjamas and inked in Ranger Archival jet black - highlighted with Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • Crystal stickles
  • Numeric stamps (from the might Costco scrap booking kit an age ago - manufacturer not listed) inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen to hand draw border
  • Distress Ink in bundled sage stippled on to torn card edge to "ground" my images

Alright, own up, WHO'S been on-line shopping in the sales? Yes, me too! I've bought a couple of presents for people with birthdays coming up and (OF COURSE) I fell for some craft stuff too - I'm dithering about dylusions paints (last day today as they're being withdrawn though who knows why) and pan pastels - can't make a decision and am in danger of missing the sale prices - that would NEVER DO!


Some new stash arrived yesterday and my mini moleskin journals arrived this morning - now I'm double dog torn with what to start playing with first! Here's my That's Crafty stash


Love those crows - had a touch more indecision about the crows as there was an identical set but, instead of the sentiment the crows were all wearing party hats. Decided on the sensible crow set as I thought ...... well you could always ADD THEIR HATS!! DUH! aren't they great? The Inkadinkado set was less than a fiver (Hobbycraft now want £12 for Inkadinkado sets!!!) and I love the ATC sized trio at the bottom - maybe these were behind my decision on the size of my moleskin journals ......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yesterday also saw us visiting my little brown pal below, Robbie, and his owner Jenny - for coffee and a catch up as they had been away over Christmas. Isn't he just soooooooooo cute? Who could have abandoned a face like his? Well, their loss has certainly been Jenny's gain as he's sweet natured as well as cute.



New Year new profile piccie - well, I couldn't leave the Christmas one on the blog all year now .... could I? Like it or prefer the old one? I'm undecided. Dare one ask about New Years Resolutions? If I was a resolution making person (which I'm not) I'd probably have to go with take more exercise and lose some weight but hey ......... cheers! EDITED TO READ: decided I didn't like the new pic so reverted to the old one once more, ho hum, still a WIP!

Happy whatever day! Have a GREAT New Years Eve and .........




7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Happy New Year,Kathy.

Louise said...

Happy New Year Kathy- hope 2012 is a splendid one for you!

clare said...

robbie is such a cute little dog. fab ATC. happy new year kathy. x

Cheryl said...

happy new year to you and your family hun hugs cherylxxxxxx

Cherry said...

Happy New Year Kathy and Mr K. I have loved following your blog this year and I look forward to the adventures to be chronicled in 2012. Hugs Cherry XXX

Spyder said...

Happy New Year Kathy!! Have a Good One!
(Lyn)

Katiejane said...

I actually stayed awake this year to see the new year in! Wish I'd taken some crafty stash with me as it was a little on the boring side waiting for the cock to tic tock til midnight. When did I get so boring lol?
More new stamps, hmmm you're gunna own the world record for stamp keeping soon!
Katie