Sunday, 18 December 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Morning all,

Welcome to Sunday - is it a nice lazy day for you? After dinner guests on both Thursday and Friday it was nice to be "just the two of us" last night, so it was a nice dinner and a nice bottle of wine and the final of Strictly! I've been rooting for Harry Judd for a couple of weeks now - so was pleased to see him triumph last night. Everyone was indeed "just wild about Harry"!!

I'm saving White Christmas and Miracle on 34th Street for this morning whilst hubby is out at the flying field and am hoping that the weather won't bring him home before I've watched both! This will set me up for the upcoming festivities. I'm also out to Christmas lunch tomorrow with two pals from my school days, Andrea and Naomi - this should be fun - we simply don't get together as often as we would like.

On the craft front, yesterday afternoon saw me cracking on with a second entry for the Simply Less Is More blog's "MUSIC" themed challenge and, if the truth be told, I like this one a little better than my first and I wonder whether you (dear readers) will too ........



Materials used:
  • 8" square 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Circular mask attached to the lower right corner (with post its) and coloured using Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Pumice Stone
  • Dark Room Door musical image inked in Memento cocoa bean
  • Dark Room Door music definition inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Taupe organza ribbon tied around the card and in to a knot above centre
  • A piece of 100gsm copier paper was cut 9" x 8" and folded 1" in from the 9" end before inking with a Penny Black sentiment in Memento cocoa bean. The dictionary definition and instrument image was inked on to the envelope, to match, too.

Hope you are having a nice leisurely Sunday and didn't overdo any Christmas "Do's" last night!


22 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Very simple,effective card,Kathy. Enjoy your Sunday.

Julie said...

I love this one with music definition it does look like a LIM entry to me!
I agree with the comments on DRD they are clear and good to work with.

Debs M said...

fab card, enjoy your Christmas lunch x

Zoechaos said...

Another simply beautiful card XOXO Zoe

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

MMMMmm . . . totally gorgeous musical creation. Congrats. I liked your other card too, but . . . yes . . . I agree, I like this one even more!

Happy Sunday . . . xxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy . . . just letting you know the stamp is used is called "Flying Stars" (by Penny Black of course)- but I only used PART of the stamp which is why you may not have recognised it.

Unfortunately, because I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I am forbidden to add details of competitor's products to my blog! x

Chrissie said...

Love this one Kathy... just super!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gillian said...

Another beautiful card Kathy. Also love your festive profile pic :)

Viv said...

Gorgoeus card Kath. x

Viv said...

Flippin 'eck - the trouble I'vre had commenting on some blogs today - keeps not recognising my profile! Might have to go for a lie down... lol
Really like this card Kath - happy Christmas!

Katiejane said...

Ooh very sophisticated Kathy, lovely muted tones and the ribbon finishes it perfectly. I'm not a strictly fan myself, hubs and I watched "Deathly Hallows Part 2" and yet again I was on the edge of my seat!
Today we saw the first sign of snow when we woke, but it failed to snow since -so we're still yet to see a flutter of snowflakes!
Katie

lostinpaper said...

Pure elegance! LOVE how you have created the background circle and then stamped the image on top, it's genius!

Karen said...

Hi Kathy, that is stunning. Very beautiful karen x

Paula Fuller said...

I love this card. It keeps jumping out at me.

Fluffles said...

What a beauty - love this card, Jx

Aileen said...

Love the background for the violin and your colours. Merry Christmas x

GinaA said...

Very smart card, lovely muted colours.

Kathleen said...

As always fabulous cards from you, love them both.

Kath x

Valerie said...

Love the spotlight effect Kathy, all so beautifully stamped!
Val x

kingstonmama said...

I love how the masked circle frames your violin. Very pretty card.

Last week I went with some friends to see White Christmas on the big screen in a beautiful old theater nearby. Such fun! Merry Christmas to you! Ann

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah do love this one very much great work! Shaz in oz.x

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Kathy, great design and love the stamp you've used. Hope you have a fabulous Christmas :o) Lisa x