Monday, 19 December 2011

Only SIX more sleeps .......

till Christmas! Anyone else (over the age of 21) getting really excited?? Or IS it just me then? I do love Christmas. Normally we have lots of lights up (inside and out), though not an obsessive amount - like you see in the papers! We usually have a 6' tree in the lounge and a 4' in the dining room and a 2' tree in our bedroom - twinkling away ....... but not this year. All of our trees and decorations are still up in the loft. Since my hip op I've not really been up for scampering up and down ladders to assist hubby in their removal from the loft or their siting in and out of the house so we decided that, this year, we wouldn't do it. So, about the only trace that it's Christmas in our house this year is a 2'5" fibre optic tree in the lounge and a couple of USB trees attached to our PC's - BAH HUMBUG I say!! Look out for next year.

Fortunately, our neighbours opposite have put up their usual show and, when I remember, I'll take a pic and post on here - it's lovely to look out and see.

Last evening saw hubby and I out with a pal (and neighbour) for an Indian at our local favourite restaurant - it was well up to it's usual standard and the boss is always pleased to see us.

Today I am off out to Christmas lunch with friends from my dim dark (and distant) school days. The three of us will meet at the restaurant and attempt to catch up on what's been happening in each of our lives since our last meeting during the summer school holidays! Wish us luck!

I did manage a little crafting yesterday and, would you believe, both cards are only blooming Christmas cards! The first one is on a Kraft card base and started life as a CAS music themed card for the Simply Less Is More challenge this week. The great thing about CAS (esp One Layer CAS) is that, if it goes wrong, you can simply mat and layer over it - as had to happen in this case!


Materials used:
  • C6 300 gsm Kraft card and matching envelope
  • Patterned papers (free with a recent CM&P)
  • Red card
  • Santa image (unknown manufacturer) on white card, die cut in to scalloped oval
  • Pro Markers to colour
  • Merry Christmas satin ribbon
  • Faux crystal gemstones
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
And now for the second card .... following my recent purchase of some dark room door stamps I felt I just had to get them inky ....



Materials used:
  • 5" square, 300 gsm scallop edged white card and matching envelope
  • Dark Room Door sentiment inked in versacolour gold and inked twice on to my base card
  • Dark Room Door image inked in Brilliance chocolate
  • Crystal ice stickles (the larger textured glitter glue) to highlight the antlers and reindeers nose!

Hope you like them - I just hope I can remember where I put them when it comes to writing the 2012 cards!!!

Have a great Monday everyone - check out this video .... and don't forget one of my faves, located at the top of my side bar too!



11 comments:

Debs M said...

great cards, loving the dark room door one tho!!

Lilian said...

loving the cards Kathy. I would say tell me where you put them and I will tell you but who will remind me lol
Have a good meal with your friends. Hugs
lilian

Karen said...

Lovely cards Kathy, especially like the reindeer. Thank you for your very kind words Karen x

SHARY said...

2 great cards! Love the reindeer too!

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy - just catching up. I do see bits on the dashboard even when I don't have time to stop and comment but now I am off till the 3rd January - so more time to blog and craft.
Love your cards and I hope you have enjoyed your day with your friends.
I love Christmas too and have 2 6ft real trees, one in the living room and one in the dining room. We put lights up outside and I have lights in the dining room and hallway too. (I hate it when I have to take them down).
Have a wonderful Christmas.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Elaine said...

Thanks for your comment on my Santa. Love Darkroom Door stamps and that deer makes a great card!

Spyder said...

Hi Kathy! I've re-done the pictures, I think it doesn't work if you use internet explorer. I just tried, and there was no pic's and then, it all froze up...that's why I use FireFox.
Hope you have a great Christmas, our Christmas tree is looking a bit bare..no pressies under it yet (boohoo)!
(Lyn)

Fluffles said...

Great cards again, & I'm glad you're getting in the Christmas spirit! Have a great Christmas, Jx

Sally said...

A smashing LIM card Kathy & I love that reindeer! & what a fun Santa on the other card. Hope you enjoyed the lunch with your friends.
Sally x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Morning Kathy . . . enjoy your lunch today.

Love your 2 Christmas cards . . . I have a few already made and ready for next year too! x

Sandy said...

Two more cute cards for Christmas, love that reindeer!
Sandy