Sunday, 8 January 2012

2nd post - challenge entry!

Hi,

Welcoming new follower, Gillian, thanks for stopping by - hope you'll find time to come back too

Well I DID wonder how long I would be able to resist a third attempt at the LIM challenge of "PREDOMINANTLY PURPLE"!!! and when Rosie set the Sunday challenge of "SWEET TREATS" too I thought I had THE perfect image. Of course, in my earlier post (which, if you've not seen it - you can view here) I DID say that cutesy hadn't figured so large in my makes of 2011 so this is to contradict that statement right away in 2012!!! DOH!



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white C5 card and matching envelope
  • 2 die cut fancy rectangles
  • I coloured the larger rectangle with Distress Ink Dusty Concorde and then inked my Stampers Anonymous sun ray in Color Box heliotrope
  • The smaller rectangle was edged using the excess ink from my dusty Concorde blending tool.
  • My favourite things image and sentiment were both inked in Memento grape jelly, one directly on to the small rectangle and the other on to a scrap of matching coloured card which was then cut, banner style.
  • Pro Markers, Copics, Copic Atyou spica glitter and Zig wink of stellar pens were used to colour the image and stardust stickles to highlight the icing
  • Lilac and white spotty satin ribbon was tied in an off centre knot

I hope you like this, my third LIM card - oh, how I LURVE purple!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday

18 comments:

catherine said...

Another fab card and I love your use of purple just now
x catherine

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Aww, just gorgeous xxx

Chrissie said...

Another sweetie Kathy!
Keep going!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jan said...

Lovely card xx Jan

JeNjOy said...

Another one that is:

Perfect
Unique
Really great
Pleasing to the eye.
Lovely
Exquisite

Jenjoy x

Suzilou said...

Your on a roll Kathy, love the image and all the purple! :)

Bea said...

great card - your image is such fun

Lilian said...

Kathy both cards today are really great well done, take care lilian x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Gorgeous card...just up your street Purple.....Yummy....
Hugs sylvie
xxxx

Katiejane said...

How you love purple indeed! This is the perfect card to send to yourself! That cake looks good enough to eat! Hope you had a good weekend.
Katie x

Emma said...

Such a lovely card Kathy! Purple really suits the image, she is looking very cute!!

I am guessing you are loving the Purple challenge, given the name of your blog etc :)

Emma

Bonnie said...

What an adorable image! Love the sugary cupcake. I think this challenge is perfect for you.

Aileen said...

Hi Kathy, purple does suit you! Loving all your entries especially this one. She's really sweet and I love the framing.

p.s. Liking your new photo too. x

Valerie said...

Love all 3 of your cards Kathy but this one is my favourite:)
Val x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Happy new Year to you, I think this challenge was made for you LOL Purple! and you've made 3 fabby cards too. Great new profile pic, love it, Gay xxx

Mandi said...

Knew you would do another Kathy lol
Really super design, I'd LOVE cupcake that hige hehe

Meant to say, your new profile pic is relly lovely

Thank you
mandi
"Less is More"

Viv's Visuals said...

Ok, OK - purple overload...you win - I'm converted! Lovely card Kath. x

Dolly Daydreams said...

ha ha, love this what a clever and funny image and of course purple so its a no brainer, great work again !

Marie