Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Afternoon what almost happened to Tuesday?

Hi there,

Back from my hospital appointment this morning - follow up appointment with my surgeon (who did a great job btw) at eleven weeks from surgery. He's pleased with my progress - didn't even look at the scar but concentrated more on how I looked/moved/felt. All in all it would seem we are both pleased! I promised him a thank you card if he did a good job and, as it was a great job, I guess I owe him a REALLY nice card! So that's my project for today.

And here it is ...



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white C5 card and matching envelope
  • Black card
  • Papermania papers
  • White card panels inked with Distress Inks in pumice stone, aged mahogany and black soot
  • Lavinia image and Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the coloured panels
  • Black organza ribbon tied in to a knot well off centre
  • Faux crystal gemstones to highlight the sentiment

I was trawling the blogs of some of my buddies and happened across this post on the blog of my pal Katiejane and thought ...... good point! In it she says that she is proud of her blog and loves to update it and post things she wants to share on it. I have to say that I'm with her on this one - another friend asked me just yesterday why I had a blog and why I thought anyone would look at it. I told her that I used my blog as a visual diary open to the public - it's a showcase for photos that matter to me, whether they're of people, places, things or projects. Primarily I do it for me but I'm so proud to have 133 followers who check on my progress periodically too - so a big THANK YOU to each and every one of you and my best wishes for 2012, special thanks to Katie for reminding me to say this too.

In the words from the song "Baby it's cold outside" - the weather outside is FRIGHTFUL! - when we went out at stupid o'clock this morning (for my appointment) it was coming down in buckets! About a mile away from us the road is flooded, full width, for a distance of about 50m and we came home a different way! Most of the drains seem to be full to overflowing and our flower borders all look like mini rivers and/or lakes! It's rained so much of late that the ground is saturated so there's nowhere for this current rain to run off. And yet ...... I can't help but hear the summer cries of "DROUGHT" playing in my head already!

Anyway, that's how my days been going - hope yours is going at least as well - thanks for stopping by

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Your card is lovely, I really like that simple image and the sponging you did around it. funny to hear you talk of the rain and flooding and here we are sweltering in 40C for the last few days. Glad to hear you are recovering well and your surgeon is pleased with your progress.
Sandy

scrappyjacky said...

Glad you're progressing well,Kathy.....and I so agree with you on the reasons for having a blog.

Debs M said...

ooh i LOVE this card, he should be well impressed...awful weather here, hailing at the mo! enjoy the rest of your day x

Brenda Brown said...

Glad youi got on so well with your consultant visit and that such good progress is being made. I am sure he will love this card.
Weather's been pretty bad here today too.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Katina said...

So glad you're recovering well Kathy. This is a lovely thank you card and I'm sure your consultant will appreciate it.
xx

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Kathy.Happy New Year to you and yours
Warm Wishes sent for a continued speedie recovery
Love the thank you card .Almost wistful I thought .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Cherry said...

Love that stamp Kathy and that card is lovely. I am sure it will be received with thanks. I agree on the blog reasons too. It is a lovely way to be in a community too. Hugs Cherry XXX

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Pleased to hear you're doing well Kathy. Great thank you card. Bet the surgeon will be very pleased with it. xxx