Friday, 6 January 2012

The First Friday of 2012

Hi folks,

Last Friday I said I would enter the names of everyone who supplied me with a Friday Funny in 2011 and draw a name out of the hat (aka www.random.org!) and it selected week 10 ... so the winner turns out to be Jacky - cheers matey - watch your letterbox as a little goodie will be winging it's way to you shortly. I think I might do it again this year too ........ so don't stop sending the potential Friday Funny's to me - if I use them then your name will be added to my list and I will draw once more after the final Friday of 2012.

 
We're seeing friends this evening and the husband of the couple "retired" on December 31st so I'm guessing it would be a nice thing to present him with a happy retirement kind of card - they are both keen travellers and they acquired a camper van ...... thinks "I have a kanban clear stamp set with a VW camper van - hmmmmmm"


Retirement card for our pal


Materials used:
  • 6" square 300 gsm scallop edged white card and matching envelope
  • 14cm square white panel with tan and caramel pro markers used to colour border
  • Stampers Anonymous check image inked in Memento cocoa and stamped off once (each inking) before stamping a border around the P.M.'d panel
  • 13cm black card panel edged with versacolour gold
  • 12cm white card panel.
  • Kanban camper van and sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black.
  • Pro Markers and Wink of Stellar pens used to colour image and glossy accents applied - for windshield
  • Faber Castell pitt pen used to draw border round panel

 
And this week's Friday Funny has come to us courtesy of our pals, Liz and Graeme - thanks guys - I hope you lot will enjoy this - turn the sound on!

 


Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend peeps - Saturday tomorrow and the challenges are back!!


8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Thanks for that,Kathy....will look out for it. Really enjoy your Friday Funnies

Cheryl said...

oh kathy hun this is brilliant just adore this to bits,super card hun hugs cherylxxxx

catherine said...

that was hilarious. Just found your blog and will be a follower now. Love the camper van card. Thanks for your lovely comment on my win. I am beeming still
x catherine

Debs M said...

well done Jacki x

ooh i could do with a car stamp, bil just passed test, great card and love the funny!! x

clare said...

great card kathy, that video made me chuckle. x

Katina said...

Lol, that's so funny!! Love your card Kathy.
xx

Brenda Brown said...

Great filming on your funny, love your card and the VW stamp.
Happy Friday, have a lovely evening and a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

HILARIOUS "funny".

Great camper van card too xxxx