Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Greetings from me on a grey and murky old day

Hi there,

Further to my writing some of my early 2012 cards I found that I have a gap in my masculine cards, my anniversary cards and my new home cards - hmmmmmm - wonder what my purple challenge card for today might turn in to ........

As you probably all know by now I have been bitten (well and truly) by the Clean And Simple technique and regularly enter a challenge over on Simply Less Is More - I like to look at the entries from other crafters too. Well, I was trawling some of the FABULOUS entries when I stumbled across a really "me" stylee technique, so I simply HAD to pinch the idea ..... but the credit MUST go to  Esther for her fab idea in the first place - see her originals here. Fortunately, I don't have the Inktense pencils (yet?!!) so it can't be a direct copy but more of an adaptation and I hope that Esther will approve.

I'm not too sure I haven't overdone Esther's fab technique and excluded myself from CAS! but hey - I LIKE it and it's ......... an anniversary card and it's predominantly purple! Check it out - my LIM entry number 5!!



Materials used:
  • 6" square, 300 gsm scallop edged square card
  • 14cm panel of white card, coloured with Distress Ink in Dusty Concorde and then overstamped with a Kaisercraft mesh image inked in Memento grape jelly
  • 13cm white card panel with rounded corners.
  • Heart Image (from Craftynotions - free in the current issue of Craft Stamper) inked one in Colour Box heliotrope and once in Colour Box violet
  • Stampers Anonymous diamond pattern image stamped numerous times (in full and partial) inked in Memento angel pink
  • Funstamps sentiment inked in Memento grape jelly
  • Art Warehouse flourishes inked numerous times in Memento angel pink
  • Neocolour II water soluble wax crayon (cobalt blue) scribbled and then blended with a baby wipe

And then the postman arrived, bearing a letter from my Isle of Skye trading card buddy - it was postmarked DECEMBER 21st - thanks Royal Mail!!! As my regular followers will recall - I exchange ATC's with Pam (and have done for yonks), to make it more interesting we swap materials ........ for the other to construct an ATC and return, at which time the original will be sent. It's a bit of fun and makes life more interesting - astonishing to see how differently they turn out too. Well, this package included my materials which, this month are:



Any ideas? Me either at this moment but I'll mull them over for a day or so and will post my finished ATC before posting it back to Pam - wish me luck! This is not a colour selection I use much.

Enjoy your day

14 comments:

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. I am sure you will find something to do with your exchange.Lilian x

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Kathy - I can see that the purple LIM challenge is right up your street! I've had a look at them all and they're super. I think the sympathy one and this one are my favourites. Thanks for your lovely comment on my card too!

~ Ali ~ said...

Oh this is fab!

Ali x

Debs M said...

Great card, keep up the good work!!! hmm not sure about the atc !

laurie said...

Very pretty card!

SHARY said...

you made a great card Kathy, love it!

Mandi said...

Number 5 indeed Kathy
Youare a busy bee this week...a busy prple bee at that!
Terrific card, aprticularly like the hearts

Thanks so much for lal your efforts Looking forward to number 6 [if you can - no pressure]
mandi
"Less is More"

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely gorgeous card. great ATC materials, but i'm with you... would have to "mull over it" for a while. however, if you need some intense ideas (no ATC's here), you may want to visit my friend gina - http://daydreambeliever-gina.blogspot.com/ - she makes everything look good.

hugs :)

Cheryl said...

this is really beautiful hun love this hugs cherylxxxxx

Wishcraft said...

Love all your purple makes Kathy! This one is fabulous, such a great design :o) Lisa x

butlersabroad said...

Good grief, you really are the Purple Princess aren't you!! Loving all these purple entries, I have an idea for a submission but no time to work on it! Bummer!

Hugs
Brenda

Chrissie said...

LIM #5 is fabby Kathy!
You are doing really well and Esther's card was great inspiration! Super job!
Keep going, you're nearly there!
Thanks a whole bunch.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful Kathy purple is definitely your colour !

Marie

Esther said...

Hi Kathy - just came across your comment on Chrissie's blog and your mention of me..i'm made up you liked my card enough to make one of your own and I love your version..my inktense pencils were a christmas prezzie and I can recomend them but your card works lovely without....you could also enter our Craft-room challenge as the theme is CAS this week ! Esther xx