Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Happy Tuesday

Hi folks,

How was your weekend? And what happened to Monday? I was all fired up to post this yesterday and suddenly .... TUESDAY!

As you have probably already read, we had a busy weekend what with heading to Plymouth on Friday and then back to go out again on Saturday with my pal and my cousin. Well, Sunday saw us heading round to our neighbours as surrogate grandson was celebrating his ninth birthday - we took a card and a gift voucher for him to put towards his new lap top! So, there were three grandmothers there (two real ones and me!). Harry was doing well for presents including boots, trainers, Calvin Klein pants (!?), a painting kit and (of course) the new lap top. We stayed long enough to have a glass of wine and a piece of Harry's Doctor Who cake before leaving them to their family celebration but it certainly looked like a good time was being had by all.

I did some crafting but can't show you that just yet .....

Nothing on the TV all day - unless you count Poirot weekend! So, it was reading and doing the crossword with a little trawling on t'internet and crafting thrown in for good measure!

Anyhoo, this morning dawned cold and frosty and now, at 3:00 pm, about the warmest part of the day the temperature has risen to a balmy 2°c!!! Yikes - where did I hide my thermals!!!

I have finally managed a little ATC using up some scraps from one of my little IKEA boxes where I keep my ATC sized scraps ..... and then promptly forget to ever look there!!! Hmmmm - there must be some logic in there somewhere but I'll be darned if I can see where.



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card scraps x
  • Beige ribbed scrap, distressed using a Tim Holtz distressing tool
  • Gold metallic scrap stamped with a Stampers Anonymous check image inked with versamark ink and heat embossed with Sparkle n' Sprinkle purple glitter
  • Lost Coast Designs crow inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card scrap and then cut out

Hope you like it - that would appear to be about all I'm going to get time for today - will try harder for tomorrow!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekends as much as I did - plainly so busy that I blinked and missed Monday!


3 comments:

Debs M said...

it's coz you are counting down to friday!!!! great atc x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well Happy Tuesday to you too. Great ATC and only 4 more sleeps to your weekend Craftathon. Woohoo! How exciting!

Lx

Lilian said...

Very nice card Kathy. You sure had a busy weekend no wonder you missed Monday. I hope the next weekend is splended for you all Lilian x