Wednesday, 25 January 2012

hi there and welcome to another Wednesday

Hello there folks,

Busy old day for me today - it's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday and I have materials to play with. Some of you will probably recall my ATC materials swap with a crafting pal based on the Isle of Skye ..... well a letter from her arrived yesterday and contained her make from the materials I sent her last letter along with her own challenge materials for me - hmmmmm, check below and see what I came up with!


Right then, what would you lot make with these two items?????


PLUS, this afternoon my pal, Sue, and I are heading to the Bristol home of a Design Objectives (DOcrafts) demonstrator who is also a Craft Superstore at home demonstrator. Michelle is hosting a workshop this afternoon and we're heading along to hers for 14:00 - NO IDEA what this involves but .... I should be able to let you know but only once I've been. I shall be taking my camera but we'll have to see whether a photo opportunity presents itself!

I've also been working on a little project but can't post it on my bloggy till Saturday - otherwise it will spoil the surprise ..... and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

I've started working on my ATC challenge materials .... perhaps you can see the clues on my work desk ...


And here's how it came out ...


Materials added:
  • ATC blank coloured with Versacolour hyacinth
  • Piece of white card coloured with marvy alcohol marker YG645
  • Dimension Fourth foliage inked in Colour Box heliotrope
  • Quickie glue applied (in stages) to the butterfly and gold foil sheet added to the body, silver gilding flakes, lilac translucent glitter and then lime glitter applied
Hope you approve of the changes ... hope Pam will too. The photo, sadly, doesn't do it full justice as the silver gilding flakes have been burnished and are quite shiny and bright, as are the glitters but it's such a dull grey day ..... sorry!

Due to lots of problems with commenting on the blogs of others (particularly when trying to zoom around the fabulous entries over on Simply Less Is More) I've downloaded (when I say "I" what I actually mean is my I.T. department, aka HUBBY) did it for me) Google Chrome. Anyone else use it? Whilst I find I can once again use my smileys on craftbubble (absent since the advent of IE VIII) I don't find it as user friendly as I.E. - or is that just me? I've lost the cut and paste from my blog in to the CB forum (I know, totally irrelevant for those non CB folks out there!) which was sooooooooooooo handy so, at the moment, I'm still using I.E. VIII for most things and Google Chrome just for blog hopping!

Have a fabulous Wednesday - catch you all again soon!

6 comments:

Debs M said...

great atc! i flip between firefox and chrome depending what im doing x

SHARY said...

You did a good job with the materials Kathy. Very citrusy and bright. xx

Katina said...

Your ATC is lovely Kathy! I use Chrome and I love it because you can have several pages 'open' at once with the tabs at the top of your screen.

Hope you had a fab time at the demo.
xx

catherine said...

Stunning ATC and hope you enjoyed your afternoon out.
x catherine

Brenda Brown said...

I have used Chrome for a while now Kathy, you get used to it.
Clever ATC from what you were give. Hope you've had a good day. xoxox

Lilian said...

Loving the card Kathy. The colour is great. Lilian xx