Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Hi there and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday!

Hi there,

I'm out this morning - visiting Hobbycraft (for ESSENTIAL supplies, HONEST!) and then on to visit a crafting buddy - get the kettle on Lilian!

So, not much crafting going on this morning, fortunately, I notched up another purple card last evening.! Since the ladies over at Simply Less Is More have challenged the Purplicious Princess (ie ... ME!) to make a predominantly purple project per day here is today's - how I LOVE that crow!



Materials used:

5" square white 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching envelope
Violet neocolour II water soluble wax crayon scribbled randomly down the left side before blending with a baby wipe
Stampers Anonymous diamond design image inked with Memento Grape Jelly
Stamp World (of Australia) sentiment inked in Memento Grape Jelly
Lost Coast Designs crow inked in Memento Tuxedo Black

Whilst trawling the Simply Less Is More blog and the Predominantly Purple challenge I came across a glorious card design by Esther .... I couldn't wait to have a go at my take on her technique and ran one up pretty quickly (check out yesterdays post). I discovered it also looks pretty good in blue and hope you agree ....... this is one design I just WISH I could claim as my own but Esther got there well ahead of me!


Materials used:

6" square, 300 gsm scallop edged square card
Heart Image (from Craftynotions - free in the current issue of Craft Stamper) inked once in Distress Ink broken China and once in Marvy blue
Stampers Anonymous diamond pattern image stamped numerous times (in full and partial) in Brilliance lavender
Funstamps sentiment inked in Marvy blue
Art Warehouse flourishes inked numerous times in Versacolour silver
Neocolour II water soluble wax crayon (turquoise) scribbled and then blended with a baby wipe


As you can see, the envelope reflects the elements in the card, as does the insert. These were such fun to make that I batch made them in the purple (seen yesterday) the blue seen above and also in orange and in red but I thought you probably wouldn't want to see them all!

And finally - it's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday - not much is the answer so it's time for another sneaky peek at some of my stash .... this is just one of three drawers which contain my flowers/trees/leaves and the like ..... several of these stamps (particularly the larger ones) don't get inked too often - many of them were my late mum's.





Have a great day

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

Still keeping mighty busy KAthy... another bunch of fab cards... I think I may have liked to have seen the crow in a deep purple shade too... is he purple or is he black?...he looks black on my monitor.
Whatever, it's great.
Thanks once more.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Debs M said...

2 more fabby cards and ooh look at all those stamps x

Brenda Brown said...

Another fab purple creation Kathy, you are going great guns. Have fun shopping.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lilian said...

Nice to see you kathy, you are doing well with the walking.
Love the cards.
Take care lilian

Viv's Visuals said...

Oh Look - purple! How unusual for you... LOL So one a day target still going I see.... stop 'crowing' about it.....will be back again tomorrow...unless of course you upload another today 'Purple Person'. x

Brenda Brown said...

Just back to say thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and good luck in my give-away.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Dora said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy, you definitely are having fun with the purple theme at LIM :) and enjoyed it so much looking at that drawer of yours xx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi There Kathy, Another brill card for LIM it's gorgeous and very suitably Purple! Love it, Wonderful selection of stamps there too, lucky you:0) Gay xxx

catherine said...

fantastic cards and loving your stamp collection
x catherine

Mandi said...

Super card Kathy, what a week you are having!
Do hope you will still want to join in next week!
Great to see your stamps, Oh to rummage lol

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More!