Monday, 9 January 2012

I've been challenged to one predominantly purple project per day for a week!

Imagine my distress (as the purplicious princess) to be challenged, by the ladies over at the Simply Less Is More blog, to make one PREDOMINANTLY PURPLE project per day for the duration of their current challenge!!! WOWser, what a hardship? Given my love of purple you might be forgiven for thinking that I had indeed bribed Chrissie and Mandi (who both concede they are not big fans of the colour) to set this one and yet ..... nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Here is number four ....



Materials used:
  • 6" square, scallop edged 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • White base panel coloured with Distress Inks in Dusty Concorde and Black Soot
  • Paper Artsy lined image inked in Versacolour Gold and applied to this panel
  • Black card panel
  • Smaller white card panel coloured entirely with Distress Ink in Dusty Concorde and edged with Black Soot
  • Paper Artsy Diamond image inked in Memento Grape Jelly and stamped twice
  • Paper Artsy lined image inked in Versacolour Gold
  • Paper Artsy stem inked in Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Dark Room Door string sentiment inked in Memento Tuxedo Black directly on to base card

I LOVE the combination of the diamond image in one colour and the lined image in another - the eagle eyed amongst my followers will have spotted that I have used this formula before - but I LOVE IT so you may yet see it again! Purple is such a fabulous colour, apparently the Egyptians regarded it as a funereal colour so I thought I would try a sympathy card. Everyone hates to make sympathy cards but all card makers, sooner or later, have occasion to make one or more of them. I  hope you like this and think I struck the right balance.

Happy Monday - how's yours working out for you?

18 comments:

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

LOL LOL Oh yes the Purple Princess will rise to the challenge LOL Good for you Kathy and good luck:0) I love this new card, fab background and beautiful thistles, Gay xxx

Victoria said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for visiting my blog. I guess you couldn't dislike anything in purple and good on Chrissie and Mandi challenging you to do 7 cards this week!! That'll teach you to name your blog more carefully! ;-p
I love the harlequins background and yes, you're right, the horizontal lines of the text work really well against the diamond pattern. A gorgeous card!

Debs M said...

love the effect of this, beautiful card that will be appreciated for the sad occasion x

catherine said...

a really stylish abd beautiful card
x catherine

scrappyjacky said...

The perfect balance,Kathy....and it does look really good in purple.

Lilian said...

Another really nice card Kathy, i know how you must be enjoying doing these.
Take care lilian

Netty said...

Smashing card Kathy, this is definitely your week for the challenge. x

Mandi said...

If anyone can, Kathy can!!
That harlequin makes for a superb backdrop
Supericious PP


Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Katiejane said...

That's a challenge and a half, just think of that sea of purple! Good luck with the challenge, although I'm pretty sure you won't need it! Sympathy cards are tough and I need to make one for a good friend who just lost her Nan, so thanks for the inspiration. Happy Monday Kathy x

Brenda Brown said...

Another super card Kathy - perfect for the occasion. You must be in your element all these purple cards.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Bev said...

Kathy, I'm liking this card very much, the purple and harlequin pattern work beautifully together. You have single handedly converted me into making purple cards, I now make lots in this colour.

Good luck with making 7 all different, I know you will and in double quick time.

Bev

Chrissie said...

Well it looks as though you're on track Kathy! I love the harlequin backdrop... super job!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathryn said...

Hee hee love your giddiness about purple x fabby card x

Diane said...

Very pretty...you are the "queen" of purple!!

Suze Bain said...

Lol, as soon as I saw what colour it was I immediately thought of you! A great set of cards, I think this one is my fave. xx

Viv's Visuals said...

Purple Person - this is another lovely card!!! lol

Dolly Daydreams said...

Oh Kathy this has to be one of my favourites love the design and your fab stamping !

Marie

kingstonmama said...

The predominantly purple challenge is right up your alley, Kathy! You've created a fabulous set of cards. I think this one is my favorite, but so hard to choose! :) Ann Y.