Friday, 27 January 2012

Morning and TGIF!

Morning all,

Friday again, another weekend - yippee! Got plans? Me? I'm in Plymouth, meeting up with a fellow crafter today - it'll be a lot of fun. I'm hoping I'll have remembered to take my camera - in which case there are BOUND to be photos! If not, then that'll be a nooooooooooooooooooooo!


Yesterday we had rain, torrential rain, more rain and ..... just for a change - SLEET and HAIL! Fantastic - perfect excuse to stay in and craft so, once my daily constitutional was out of the way I set down to sort out an ATC with duplicate materials to mail to my Isle of Skye trading card buddy. So, here's what I'm sending her ...




Materials:

  • One ATC blank
  • Paper Artsy hedgerow inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Tim Holtz birds and sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Hero Arts bird inked in Versamark and then heat embossed using the wonderful AGATHA by Sparkle 'n Sprinkle



And here's what I made with the same materials (list of additional items below)



Additionally:

  • Neocolour II water soluble wax crayons and a baby wipe


And now for the Friday Funny, t his week provided by our pals in Gloucester, Sandra and Brian - thank YOU! - ENJOY! It's entitled Baptising and Irishman! - I hope that no-one will be offended


An Irishman is stumbling through the woods, totally drunk, when he comes upon a preacher baptising people in the river. 
He proceeds into the water, subsequently bumping into the preacher.
  The preacher turns around and is almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, hereupon, he asks the drunk, "Are you ready to find Jesus?"
  The drunk shouts, "Yes, oi am."
 
So the preacher grabs him and dunks him in the water.

  He pulls him back and asks, "Brother, have you found Jesus?"   The drunk replies, "No, oi haven't found Jesus!"
  The preacher, shocked at the answer, dunks him again but for a little longer.
  He again pulls him out of the water and asks, "Have you found Jesus, me brother?"
  The drunk answers, "No, oi haven't found Jesus!"   By this time, the preacher is at his wits end and dunks the drunk again -- but this time holds him down for about 30 seconds, and when he begins kicking his arms and legs about, he pulls him up.  The preacher again asks the drunk, "For the love of God, have you found Jesus?"    
  (get ready for this.....)
 

   
   
  The drunk staggers upright, wipes his eyes, coughs up a bit of water, catches his breath, and says to the preacher,    
   
  "Are you sure this is where he fell in?"



Have a great Friday and a splendid weekend



6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Hope you enjoy your crafty weekend,Kathy.

Cheryl said...

oh kathy this is really beautiful wonderful pieces of work Hun hugs cherylxxxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

First let me thank you for the awesomely funny Friday er funny. I laughed out loud for a good 10 minutes. I think the men in white coats HAVE been called...LOL

Smashing ATC. I love the images you've used. Looks like a rainy day well spent to me. I salute you.

Lx

Debs M said...

fab atc , great funny, have a lovely time x

Brenda Brown said...

Great post Kathy, love your ATC and the funny was really funny today.
Hope you had a good day out.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lilian said...

The friday funny was really good and a lovely way to start the day with a good laugh thank you. The ATC is lovely
Hugs
lilian