Saturday, 21 January 2012

Morning and welcome to sketchie day!

Morning,

Yesterday my aunt and uncle came a calling and they always come bearing gifts ... this time it was walnut cake for hubby and Fry's Turkish Delight for me (BOGOF too - even better!). Uncle Pete's been having trouble with his lappy so the I.T. department (complete with cape and underpants on the outside of his tights/pantyhose in true Superman styleeeee) swung in to action - is it fixed? Nearly but they had to go home before it was properly fixed so it was admitted to the I.T. hospital - it's sharing a ward with surrogate daughter 2's lappy which didn't quite survive a walk-on part by the cat!!! but I.T.man CAN (and will) fix them both! Those of you who remember that my CD laser arrived before Christmas will probably be assuming that it's been fitted by now ...... but (sadly) you would be wrong! ho hum - at least I can play CD's on my PC or DVD player if I feel the urge!

Some of you dear readers will also have notice my new (new) profile photo. I posted a Christmas-y one and when I removed it I thought I would like a change. I tried a couple but didn't like them, then hubby took a better one but ...... still not quite right. Whilst scrap booking this week I was working my way through my photos on the PC and I stumbled across one taken on the cruise - it didn't show too many chins - a winner I thought!! HOWEVER, I loaded it and it still didn't look quite right so it gave me the excuse to head on over to photobucket and have a bit of a play - I tried all sorts - some were just too weird but I happened to quite like this one version - it's title is COLOUR ROTATE!! it came out way purpley though my glasses (which are ACTUALLY purple) came out green - I loved it!! All it needed then was a purpley pink frame and I was all set - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, wonder how long I'll keep this one for!

Is it me or is everyone else getting bogged down with spam too? I don't want to have to put word verification on my blog comments as I know how annoying it can be if you are visiting a lot of blogs ...... SPAMMERS BE GONE! or (in the words of Princess Anne) "NAFF ORF"!

Not quite up with the lark this morning but ....... over on the craftbubble group Craft Mad and Loving It it's the turn of a Guest Design Team Member to present challenge #77 and, this week, it's ME!!! Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE to enter the sketchie challenges and miss them when they are "resting" but it's lovely (to say nothing of it being a bit of a privilege) to have the opportunity to design and present my own sketch ........... so, without further ado, here is my card and the sketch for this week!! I had thought of the added twist of "See no, Hear no" (you know how it goes) ..... but found I wandered off topic myself so will just leave it to my fellow sketchieholics to use their own imaginations. Being such a fan of Clean And Simple I have chosen the "lots of white space" option which I'm sure that Chrissie and Mandi of Simply Less Is More would approve of!


Materials used:
  • 8" square 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Go Kreate fancy rectangle dies in two sizes, cut once on plain white card and once in purple holographic card
  • 8" White card strip
  • Distress Ink Victorian velvet and Tim Holtz blending tool to colour strip and small white panel
  • Hero Arts floral image inked in D.I. Victorian velvet on to small panel
  • Hero Arts background grid image inked in Victorian velvet on to the strip of coloured card
  • Go Kreate oval die cut on white card
  • Fiskars sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white oval and then the oval edged with D.I. victorian velvet
  • 3 x 2" dia white card circles cut
  • 3 x 2.25" dia purple ribbed card circles cut
  • Hero arts shoes images inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the white circles and coloured using pro markers and Zig Wink of Stella glitter pen
  • 4 crystal "water droplets" applied one to each corner

Hope you like it - fancy having a go? Then pop over to the craftbubble group site using the link above ...... ENJOY

And here's my colourful sketch!
 
Or there's always the new Simply Less Is More challenge ..... a Clean And Simple card with the theme of "CUT IT OUT"!, your entry must feature some kind of aperture in your card!

Have a fabulous Saturday whatever you have in store - one of my crafting buds has gone to Littlecote so here's hoping she's having a splendid and relaxing weekend. Another is still recuperating from her operation just before Christmas - so hoping she's feeling better every day and another moved last Friday so let's hope she and her family are starting to get straight in their new home too. As for me .... I'm off to do battle with the vacuum and washer!! Yee Haa indeed! How I hate domesticity!


12 comments:

catherine said...

Hope all the IT is sorted. The sketch is fab and you have done a great take with it. Love those shoes - I can never have enough shoes. Have anice weekend
x catherine

Lilian said...

another nice card Kathy .
Take care lilian x

Judie aka Craftymess said...

gorjuss kathy and in purple lol xx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy - sorry being awol, work is taking up alot of time again, Love your card and your new profile pic looks absolutely great.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

scrappyjacky said...

The new pic looks great.....and if you're getting spammers I think it must mean you have a very popular blog!!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy, great take on the sketch, and I love those fabulous shoes they are so beautiful I want all of them

Marie

Louise said...

Love the sketchie and challenge this week. Will have a go if i get some time (a little short of that this week). Hope you have a lovely weekend x All ready for 4th Feb?? I bet you are getting excited!

clare said...

fab sketch and gorgeous purple shoe card! hope you are having a good weekend. i enjoyed playing along with the sketchie! x

Cheryl said...

oh super take on the sketch Hun love those shoes,hugs cherylxxxx

Katina said...

Great post to read Kathy; you write very well! Love your girlie card.
xx

Anonymous said...

Interesting post, this was really useful. thanks!

Debs M said...

fabby sketch and those shoes are FABUUULOUS dahling!!

had a great time thanks xx