Saturday, 28 January 2012

Morning and welcome to sketchie day!

Morning,

The purple princess is away from her desk today .... well, if I'm honest I'm probably actually on my home at the moment. Hubby and I were in Plymouth last evening, he was out for a boys curry night out with some ex colleagues and I decided to go with him in order that I could meet up with Wynneth and Tom, our pals from Saltash. They were picking me up from our hotel at around 06:30 and we were planning a walk along the Ho followed by dinner at a restaurant they are familiar with. I'm absolutely sure it will have been a blast.

Anyway, over on craftbubble there will be a new sketchie challenge this morning, set by Rosie, and with the added theme of "STANDING UNDER" - another member of the Design Team has recently moved and is still unpacking boxes so I'm standing in for her for a second week - it's my privilege matey!

Here is the card I made from the sketch ....


Materials used:
  • 8" square 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • DCWV patterned card stack, cut slightly smaller than the base card and corners rounded
  • DCWV bronze metallic panel run through my big shot inside a cuttlebug embossing folder and then sanded lightly to reveal the inner core.
  • A4 piece of a buttery cream card used to layer the embossed bronze panel, the sentiment and (die cut in to a fancy rectangle) to layer my image on.
  • Stampers Anonymous check image inked in Versacolour umber on to the buttery cream fancy rectangle
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black - opposing corners rounded
  • Paper Mania orange ribbon adhered with Stix2 double sided tape
  • Sugar Nellie image inked on to a white panel using Memento tuxedo black, coloured with pro markers and then die cut in to a fancy rectangle using a Go Kreate die.
  • Glossy Accents to simulate the water droplets
  • Three white silk flowers coloured using pro markers and one punched with a Martha Stewart punch, attached to the base card using a pokey tool and three brads.
And Rosie's lovely sketch:


Have a fab Saturday - I may be back later, possibly with photos!!



9 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous card Kathy, hope you had a lovely time x

Craftyrose said...

It's lovely Kathy and I am afraid I have outed you as our newest DT member, so welcome to the team gorgeous girl!! xx

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy. Very appropriate with all the rain we have had.Hugs
lilian

clare said...

hope you are having a fab day! great card kathy, love that image. x

Junibears said...

Love the card you made dear! I've never tried making from a sketch. Jolly good idea!
Hugs xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card Kathy - love the colours and I hope you are having a good time away.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Dora said...

This is really sweet, love the cute image and great embossing xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Faberooney sketchie young kathy, love that cute image and great colour scheme.

We did have a great time last evening didn't we ? It was so lovely to see you and catch up, mr tom told me that you and I never paused for breath the whole evening LOL ;oD
luv
w
x

Louise said...

CONGRATs on becoming one of the DT- well deserved and I look forward to seeing your cards each week and your challenges every 3/4 weeks! (love the image you have used this week- one of my faves!)