Sunday, 8 January 2012

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Hi folks,

Hope you've woken up to some pleasanter weather - don't know about you all but I'm truly a bit fed up of all the rain and windy conditions we've been enjoying (?!*) lately!

Welcoming my new follower, Vaktmastarn, hope you will find time to pop back from time to time.

Over on the fabulous Clean And Simple blog SIMPLY LESS IS MORE the challenge this week looked like it was designed with me in mind with it's theme of "PREDOMINANTLY PURPLE"!! Last year saw my styles hopping between collage-y and CAS in about equal measure, with a great deal less of the cutesy cards coming to the fore - now I'd LIKE to think this makes me versatile but ...... anyway, a combination of CAS AND my all time absolute favourite colour and I just KNEW there would be more than one card from me this week ......... and so did many of my friends!, how well they know me! Here's card number two - hope you like it as much as I do. I love the kokopelli image and the three used on the card are on one stamp but I also have one larger one and that's on the insert and one smaller one which appears on the envelope.



Materials used:
  • 6" square, scallop edged white 300 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Scrap paper and low tack tape - to mask off the panel for colouring
  • Distress Ink in Dusty Concorde to colour the masked off panel
  • Copperleaf kokopelli images, Dark Room Door sentiment and treble clef all inked in Memento grape jelly
  • Faux crystals to highlight
  • I scored lines at the top and bottom of the panel to define the area, although this doesn't show in the photo.

Craft Mad and Loving It has a Sunday challenge just set .... SWEET TREATS - hmmmmm - thinking cap on already - you may yet see a second post from me!

Enjoy your Sunday peeps, whatever you have planned, as I type this the sun is out - hurrah!


22 comments:

Annette said...

Another cute one Kathy.

Gillian said...

Another great card Kathy. I love how you have added the bits of sparkle

Cheryl said...

oh kathy hun this is one super card so so effective too hugs cherylx

Margreet Havinga said...

Whate a happy card is this.

Mandi said...

Well our little purple princess, we expect to see a card everyday form you really lol
this is a super one, love the design, FAB
Agree about the gloomy weather, we've had such gales too!
Thank you as always
mandi
"Less is More"

Meadie said...

I love both your cards Kathy! I thought of you when I saw the purple theme, I knew you would love it:)Hugs x x

Diane said...

Very cute card...clever idea to add the bling!!

scrappyjacky said...

Stunning card,Kathy....great image.

clare said...

another great purple card kathy, i love those little images. have a good sunday.x

ding said...

Great card, really fun design and perfect CAS.
Diane

Debs M said...

another fabby one, love those images x

Margaret said...

Great cards Kathy
Margaret x

Chrissie said...

It must be said, you were the first I called to mind when we launched this theme... great second submission Kathy... and as Mandi says, we need to see one per day from you with this challenge... which is so close to your heart!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Super card Kathy. I expect there'll be MORE! xxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Kathy - great image and of course a wonderful shade of purple.
Happy Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

JeNjOy said...

Perfect
Unique
Really great
Pleasing to the eye.
Lovely
Exquisite

Jenjoy x

Suzilou said...

Another super card Kathy, looks like lots of folks thought of you for this challenge hehe :)

Katiejane said...

Another great use of the purple. I love that panel, it's really effective.
Katie x

Emma said...

Great card Kathy, I like how you have added the gems for that extra treat.

BTW what kind of low tack tape do you use for masking?

Many thanks,

Emma

Scrapmate said...

Very effective card.

Viv's Visuals said...

This so made me smile Kathy.... might have even converted me to purple..... LOL x

Susan said...

Cute as can be! I love the little images....I would never buy a stamp like that...but it really makes a fab card!