Thursday, 5 January 2012

Morning - Thursday already!

Hi there,

A warm welcome to my newest follower, Beckit, hoping you'll find time to drop back from time to time

Another wild and windy day here today with gusts of up to 50 mph!!! YIKES - everywhere I look I can see leaves all over the place and fence panels broken - thankfully nothing worse is visible but I do know that trees are being uprooted or blown down in this weather. The rain has been persistent for long enough for the ground to be waterlogged and trees just can't seem to stay put in the ground, it's dreadful right now. If you are going out and about today then do please, be careful.

I'm off out this afternoon, to the hairdressers for a trim but I think any efforts on my hairdressers part to make it look nice, once trimmed, will be rather wasted today and all the hairspray in the world seems unlikely to hold it in place!

Our neighbour is expecting a surveyor (complete with ladder) to call today, to give her roof some attention - not sure how that's going to work out but we're on duty whilst she needs to nip out - guess that means we'll all be holding the ladder!

A couple of people have posted their top five cards on their blog and some (including my crafting pal, DEBS) have posted their fave for each month in 2011 and I liked their idea so here is my TOP 12 of 2011 ...........

JANUARY - hubby's CAS birthday card

FEBRUARY - a good luck card sent to a good friend

MARCH - a surprisingly festive grumpie!

APRIL - a get well card for Cliff - made whilst in Florida

MAY - I stunned myself with how effective White on White could look

JUNE - how I enjoyed this sketch and using my Paper Artsy star image
JULY - I made this whilst entertaining Lauren and Wynneth - they were stunned to see how fast I craft!
AUGUST - everyone hates to have to make sympathy cards but I loved how this turned out
SEPTEMBER - I so loved this set of monster images that I bought 3 sets (1 for each craft location and 1 for a pal!)
OCTOBER - honestly? The caption says it all!
NOVEMBER - love this simple combo of Inkadinkado and Hero Arts stamps
DECEMBER - 2011 was the year I fell for Clean And Simple - BIG STYLE!!!
Have a fab Thursday everyone - stay indoors and craft!!

8 comments:

Debs M said...

i don't mind at all..some stunning cards in your collection Kathy, i couldn't possibly pick a fave! x

scrappyjacky said...

I think my favourite is your sympathy card....just hope you rarely need to make one.

Pauline said...

These are all wonderful cards Kathy, in particular, your monster card and violin card caught my eye. Great style, and a fabulous selection of your talents!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy lovely to hear from you, I missed passing by and reading about your life, you such a great and humerous spin on everything. Hope the hair stayed in place. Great selection of gorgeous cards each pone a beauty. As for Greece actually here in the North we get quite a bit as we are surrounded by mountains , in fact there are several ski resorts a couple of hours from here. I didn't think there would be snow in Greece until I moved here.

Take care and have a fab new year.

Marie

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous selection of cards Kathy, a feast to the eyes.
Where has the week gone? You can tell I am back at work!!.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Katiejane said...

Here's hoping all went well with the ladder sitiuation! Crazy winds here too, you don't need to walk, simply get pushed along by the wind!
Great cards from 2011, lots of lovely CAS in there. Here's to another productive year.
Katie x
P.S I know what you mean about those snap shot cameras with the interchangable lenses -I think they look fab, all the while will fit into your pocket when you need them too! They have a nice "white" one (love white)!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Morning Kathy . . . great idea for a post. Might have a go at this myself!

All great cards hon.

Thanks for keeping me company on my blog last year.

Happy New Year to you. xxx

EmmGee said...

Keep on making cards! We love it!
A little while ago you were wondering why Dyan Reaveley was dis-continuing her Dylusions range. Here's the answer from her blog site. (Not sure if you've answered this already.)
http://dyan-reaveley.blogspot.com/2011/11/squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll.html

Her products are now (I think) being produced by the Ranger group, and she's the European demonstrator for Ranger. She'll also be appearing on QVC a bit later in the year.

Happy crafting folks.