Sunday, 1 January 2012

Sunday and welcome to 2012

Hi there,

Happy New Year - welcome to 2012, wonder how many times I'll write 2011 before I remember it isn't anymore!

Yesterday I signed up, along with a couple of on-line crafting buddies, for the Strathmore doodling and mixed media on-line class. I really wasn't sure what to expect but the class started this morning so it's not like I had very long to wait! As I signed up I read through the list of materials required and thought "Crikey, I haven't got all this stuff" but, reading comments through the day I quickly realised that I was not alone ....... so my very first project will be my best guesstimate! It will also be a bit smaller than the tutors piece as the largest heavyweight paper I own is much smaller than specified but hey ....... it's all about interpretation and they DO say that the best things come in small packages!!! I've downloaded and printed the instructions and watched the video of class one ....... not sure I'm quite ready to be so freeform but hey - I won't know till I've tried now ...... will I? Well, here is my take on class I layer one - how's it looking?


Materials used:
  • Spotty Mask
  • Doily
  • Stix2 tape centre
  • Rubber bands
  • Feathers
  • Tim Holtz cog masks
  • Various coloured spritzes

This, I'm hoping, will give a slight colour and a shimmer to subsequent layers ........... I plan to break out the acrylics including some fresco chalk acrylics next ...... once this layer is DRY! It's just a shame the photo doesn't show the glorious shimmeriness of the tanzanite, pink blush and sunflower spritzes!


Anyway, do enjoy your first day of 2012 - however you are spending it


4 comments:

SHARY said...

Good luck Kathy looking forward to seeing your creations.x

clare said...

how is it going then? have you finished your background.

Cherry said...

Great start PP. looking forward to seeing it go with a zing. Sounds like you and Clare have more supplies than you thought - lol. What colours have you gone for? Off to get started even though it's dark. Hugs Cherry XXx

Lilian said...

Hoping it all goes ok for you Kathy. I know you will manage something. Looking foward to seeing it finished.
Take care lilian