Thursday, 12 January 2012

Totally Thursdaylicious!!!

Hi there,

As you all know, I'm a bit of a purpleholic! The lovely ladies over at the Simply  Less Is More blog kind of challenged me to make seven entries for their challenge this week - well, it IS PREDOMINANTLY PURPLE!

I stood at my craft desk yesterday and wondered what I could do that I didn't think had been done already this week ........ and this is what I came up with.



Materials used:
  • 6" square 300 gsm scallop edged white card and matching envelope
  • Sparkle'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Sugar Nellie image inked in Memento tuxedo black - stamped once directly on to my base card and a second time on to a scrap of paper.
  • I coloured the second image using pro markers and copics and then die cut in to circle, just a section of my image thus "spotlighting" in predominantly purple!
  • Foam pads to raise my "spotlight" and give the card dimension
  • Crystal ice stickles to highlight the "puddles"

Here's a close up of the twinkle

As I won this image in July of last year and this was the first time it had been inked I thought I better do something else with it and repeated the process for this ATC which I intend to use as a challenge for my Isle of Skye trading card buddy - be interesting to see if she spotlights her ATC! I would have submitted the ATC as my LIM challenge but wasn't sure there was quite enough white space - what do you think LIM-ettes?



Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Chalks and a cotton wool ball to apply
And here are the necessary materials I shall be sending her!



Anyhoo - Pam had sent me some materials this week and here's how I utilised them ...... in a bit of an art journal stylee!


 Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card on to which I scribbled blue, turquoise, yellow and green neocolour II water soluble wax crayons before blending with a baby wipe
  • Kaisercraft mesh image inked in Brilliance lavender
  • Kaisercraft gold acrylic paint - I dragged a credit card through to create lines and the lid off a toothpaste tube for the circles
  • Folk art copper paint - same as above
  • I cut out Pam's flower image and (using just the flower) mounted it on top of my two leaf images punched from Pam's card and then drew round the flower image using a Faber Castell pitt pen which I also used to draw the line border and free hand flower
  • I used a tag gun to attach two of the iridescent flower embellishments that Pam had also included, to the centre of the flower - to give movement
What do you think - will Pam recognise her materials?
A reminder of what Pam sent

I even used the card with my leaf punch

Enjoy your Thursday - whatever you have planned!



15 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh Kathy Hun this is beautiful oh just love this super cute image,hugs Cheryl xx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy what sweet card love it so pretty and very cute and the ATC is great as well love the spotlight have a great day
Jacki xx

clare said...

fabby card, with a cute image and great spotlight effect. love the arty atc too.

Debs M said...

great idea to spotlight, fabby image too, loving the atc, i do look forward to seeing what you do with your supplies..maybe we should have a random challenge where we send each other bits and see what we can make! x

scrappyjacky said...

Such a cute image....gorgeous ATC.
Thank you so much for my little package.....the 'saying' sticker is going to be just perfect for a page of DS and Little A that I'm working on.

Viv's Visuals said...

Your 'purpleness' knows no bounds!! Another lovely job Kathy, cute image!

Aileen said...

Wow Kathy you've been so busy but as the name of your blog states I think you really had to put in lots of entries. You can wear your tiara with pride Purple Princess! Love all your cards and this little image is so cute, very clever to spotlight her.

Take care x

Vicky Hayes said...

Hello your Royal Purpleness! I can see you've been having loads of LiM fun this week! I loved your 'melody' card and the gorgeous thistle card but this is my absolute favourite! I think it's the best spotlight technique card I've ever seen! Vicky x

Toulouse31 said...

I am loving the purple theme this week too! Just having trouble remembering the 'white space' !!
thanks for visiting my little old blog, it is nice to get comments isn't it :-)

Cherry said...

Love them Mrs K. Love that image with your sentiment - just perfect. ATC is a real smasher and so creative. On a roll or what - watercolour doodle tomorrow then? Think I might leave mine til the weekend. Hugs Cherry XXX

Chrissie said...

What a sweetie Kathy!
Well done you!
Thanks so much, again, again, again!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karen said...

Wow Kathy you are a glutton for punishment! Seven different cards for one challenge - hats off to you! Beautiful card, love the placement and the way you've coloured her, will be visiting your blog again to see the others soon! hugs Karen x

Tan's Hobbies said...

Wow Kathy! What a cute card =) such a great idea for the "spotlight". Thanks for sharing..

Mandi said...

What a star you are Kathy!

Super cute, love the touch of colour, works perfectly

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More!

Lilian said...

Kathy, That is so sweet. Looks almost fun to be out in the rain. well done on your swop card as well
Take care lilian x