Saturday, 7 January 2012

Yay - Saturday and the challenges are starting up again after the break

Welcoming new follower, Catherine, thanks for stopping by - hope you'll find time to pop back from time to time - look forward to seeing you.

The regular challenges are back ........ over on the Simply Less Is More blog this week's Clean And Simple challenge is entitled "PREDOMINANTLY PURPLE"!!!  HUZZAH - how much do I love purple??????

And, over on Craft Mad and Loving It the sketchie challenge is back after a short break too ..... with Rosie setting the sketch and picking the added theme of "something old, something new, something recycled too!"

Here's my take on the sketch and below that is Rosie's set sketch ....



Materials used:
  • 8" square white, 300 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 19cm square (sorry about the mixed measurements) papermania patterned paper
  • Red coredinations panel on to which I inked my Inkadinkado flourish in Brilliance crimson copper before brushing perfect pearls in copper over the top (my OLD being the perfect pearls and ribbon and my NEW being the Inkadinkado flourish bought in a recent sale)
  • My RECYCLED part was this brilliant Santa image - the front of a Christmas card and mounted on a dark green panel and the corners given the Martha Stewart punch treatment before layering on metallic green
  • Rectangular punch to make two holes to the right and then two tone (red/green) ribbon threaded through
  • Die cut white oval on to which I stamped my Inkadinkado sentiment in Memento tuxedo black and edged the oval in Brilliance crimson copper
  • Platinum stickles to highlight the stars on the sentiment

 Hope you liked my take - now check out the original sketch ...

Have a great day everyone


6 comments:

Craftyrose said...

Check you out....quick as a flash! Glorious card, your Royal purpleness! Have a great Saturday won't you? xx

Debs M said...

great card Kathy x

catherine said...

thankyou for the welcome and glad I found you. I love this santa so jolly looking. I am trying to find the challenge on CB as the sketch looks fab to work with. Have a good weekend.
x catherine

scrappyjacky said...

The christmas box will soon be filling up!!!

Louise said...

Looks like you have had a good day crafting. It's fab the Saturday challenge is back this week isn't it?

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great take on the challenge xxxx