Friday, 10 February 2012

Another weekend looms large

Hi folks,

Big weekend for us at the purple palace, it's hubby's birthday so there will be celebrations aplenty - hope you all have fun weekends planned too.

Light dusting of snow overnight and with my new hip I find I've been "grounded" unless the thaw sets in. I was also planning to drive this weekend so hubby could avail himself of any "birthday drinks" proffered but with him delivering me door to door this looks less like a plan than it did! It's good to have such an attentive chauffeur but I had hoped to be able to repay the favour.

Yesterday I wanted to do come more scrap booking and ScrappyJacky had posted a sketch on the Scrap Addicts group which looked really versatile so ........ I set to work planning what I would use for my take in it - see below. Another crafting pal, Lauren, used this layout to fabulous effect - check it out here



And here is Jacky's original layout sketch ...




Also managed a couple of ATC's using up scraps - always good!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card scrap
  • Yellow card scrap with three rounded corners and one given the old Martha Stewart punch treatment
  • Stix2 double sided tape and a sheet of red/green/blue/gold foil applied
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the yellow card
  • Inkadinkado image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out - twice
  • Black and pink faux pearls


 Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Costco paper left over from my scrap book layout
  • Raffia
  • Magenta background image inked in Memento london fog and stamped numerous times
  • Paper Artsy bird inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

And now for the Friday Funny .... courtesy of my pal, Sandra - ENJOY


Have a great Friday and an even better weekend! I'll leave you today with the chilly view from my window ....




10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've done with the sketch,Kathy.
Hope hubby has a lovely birthday....even if he does have to drive!!
No more snow here,thank goodness,but it still hasn't all melted from last weekend....just too damn cold.

Debs M said...

love that page!! fab atc's and i'm sure there are a few people that would agree with the sentiment on the doggy atc! Great makes, hope you have a lovely meal even tho you are'nt on chaffeur duty!
Love the friday funny! x

SHARY said...

Love your Craftathon page Kathy. A great reminder of the time you had.

ATCs are great too, love the bird.

Stay in and keep warm think of all the crafting you can do!

Happy birthday to hubby. Enjoy your weekend.x

Cheryl said...

oh just love your layout Hun,it works so well,and just adore your atc's Hun they are brilliant hugs Cherylx

Brenda Brown said...

You have been a busy lady, your layout is gorgeous, such a brilliant interpretation of the sketch.
I
Happy birthday to your hubbie and I hope you enjoy all the celebrations.
hugs {brenda} xoxox

clare said...

lots of fab work kathy. hope steve has a lovely birthday and i chuckled at you funny friday quote! x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.

Cherry said...

Love the Friday funny, obviously. Raising a glass of red to your weekend and Steve's birthday. Great makes Kathy. Thank you so much for the lovely card. I am running late as usual these days there will be something on its way to you but I am worried you will be gone when it arrives. I suppose it will be a nice thing to return too - lol. Hugs Cherry XxX

Kerryp77 said...

Love the bird ATC Kathy. Have a lovely weekend.

Ruth said...

I love all your atc's, as well as your layout. I also enjoyed reading your Friday Funny!