Sunday, 26 February 2012

Hi there and welcome to another not very sunny afternoon

Hi there,

A chilly old day here, warmest part of the day and we've reached the heady heights of 18c which, whilst not cold, is not quite the normal temperature you would expect here! Ah well, I'm sure this cold front won't last and we'll soon be back in shorts and T-Shirts!

An excuse to be crafting in my mind anyway - especially after a trip to the mighty Violette's yesterday and a nice chat with Diana, the owner.

First off - it was my turn to set the Sunday challenge of craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It group this week and I chose WILD ANIMALS - not that it really matters as no-one appears to be able to access the site today anyway! All I get is a disembodied picture of myself and a white screen - grrrrrrrrrrrr, AND it always happens at the weekend so you KNOW it won't get sorted till sometime tomorrow - ah well - still more of an excuse to craft! Hmm - I should point out that I dreamt up this theme waaaaaaaaaaaay before I realised that the closest image in my stash here is either a BIRD or a polar bear or reindeer - I went with reindeer!! Hmmmmf, hoisted by my own petard!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Blue card scrap cut to ATC size
  • Recollections sentiment inked in Brilliance Mediterranean Blue
  • Inkadinkado snowflake image inked in Brilliance lavender and stamped multiple times
  • Recollections reindeer image inked in Ranger Archival jet black on to Bristol board, coloured with alcohol markers and a gold pen and cut out
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
 And then I made this using some of my new stash from yesterdays foray!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans, Black Soot
  • Penny Black circles image inked in Versamagic ginger
  • Prima tiny script inked in Brilliance gold and also in Versamagic malted mauve
  • Inkadinkado ink blot inked in Versamagic malted mauve and stamped three times
  • Stampers Anonymous Scaredy cat inked in Ranger Archival jet black
Hope you are having a great Sunday folks


7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the ATC.
It's actually been pretty warm for the time of year here today.

clare said...

2 fab wild animal projects kathy! hope the weather perks up for you in the next few days. i'm still not feeling up to much and going to take a couple of days off work to help me recover, so might try a bit of crafting tomorrow. x

catherine said...

These are fab Kathy. it hasn't been that warm with me either
x catherine

Debs M said...

fabby atc's..love the cat one!!

Cheryl said...

oh just love that cat Hun they are just super atc's hugs Cherylxxxx

Fleur said...

Fab work Kathy
I have candy if your interested
http://fleurapassionforcraft.blogspot.com/
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lilian said...

Love the cute reindeer Kathy. The cat is sweet as well.
I hope you are having fun as not been about to message you with Bubble out again .Hugs lilian