Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Hi there and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday!

Hello,

How are things this chilly Wednesday. Out for a meal last evening (Raj City in Bristol - nice) and when we left the restaurant it was 2°c ....... twenty minutes later, when we got home, it was -1.5°c!!! Strewth, it was only a journey of about four miles! No matter, an invigorating glass of red warmed the cockles so to speak. It was forecast to be the coldest night of the year too - reaching lows of -12-13°c - I'm pleased to say that our personal low was around -6°c - plenty cold ENOUGH thank you!

Anyway, a bit of a craft-y old day yesterday with a couple of bits and pieces - one card was a bit similar to one posted earlier so I  won't waste your time by showing that one, but here's a second entry for the AQUA challenge over on Simply Less Is More. How I missed this fabulous Paper Artsy "splat" before is a mystery to me ...... it's been sitting there, in the drawer, waiting for me to go - OMG - the perfect thing! WOWser, I'm pretty sure I won't forget it now!

On to the job in hand ...... a Clean And Simple card featuring the colour AQUA - now, as mentioned in a previous post, AQUA's not a colour that comes naturally to me and the only AQUA I really own is a pro marker called COOL AQUA - works for me!!!!



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" scallop edged 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Go Kreate oval die and some Rymans smooth white card.
  • Pro Marker - Cool Aqua used to colour the base oval and also to colour the ...
  • Narrow white satin ribbon, tied in a knot off centre
  • Paper Artsy "Splat" inked in Brilliance lavender numerous times
  • Paper Artsy floral spray inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Cork dipped in Colour Box gold and applied to my oval numerous times
  • Lid from a toothpaste pump rubbed across the Memento paris dusk ink pad and applied round the "cork" image.
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento paris dusk directly on to the base card once the panel and ribbon were adhered in place
And here's a close up of the fab little SPLAT of a stamp I discovered in my collection - it looks sooooooooooooooo much nicer in its inky glory than it does in the packet!!!


Hope you like my second entry to the Simply Less Is More challenge - to see all of the other FABULOUS entries follow the link here - there were 150 at 11:00 pm last evening and all GORGEOUS!

It's also What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ........ with my current obsession with this little gem of a splat stamp you just KNOW it will be there, it's just a question of whether you can SEE it, it's not very big you see!



Have a fab Wednesday and do stay warm and safe everyone.


14 comments:

Chrissie said...

I love splatter stamps too Kathy... it's amazing how much more interest that add to a background!
Super job!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Junibears said...

That's a perfect card Kathy!

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I think you've encapsulated the mission of this blog and our challenge.

Katiejane said...

I love "just because" cards and I think your "splatting" looks great!
Positively tropical here at -6.5 :) Hooray, it's getting warmer!
Stay warm.
Katie x

Eloise said...

Lovely card. i like how you used the cork and toothpaste cap for the circles as well as the splatter.

Debs M said...

love that card, ribbon and sentiment is perfect and great splat!!

Craftyrose said...

This is beautiful Kathy. Love the aqua colour.

Mandi said...

Io love that loose design too Kathy
Terrific card
Keep warm

Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

ribenaruby said...

Beautiiful splatter image Kathyk, many thanks for popping over and leaving your wonderful comment. Have a nice day! Ruby x

Aileen said...

Love your arty oval. The splatters are fab. x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Great card Kathy, love splatters myself! The colour is perfect too:0)xxx

Karen said...

Hi Kathy, gorgeous card. Love the colours, stamping and placement hugs Karen x

Jenny said...

Fab card Kathy, the splat bkgd works really well behind the silhouette :0)
Jenny x

Ruth said...

Beautiful card! I, too, like the splatter stamp.