Monday, 6 February 2012

Hmm - anticlimactic Monday!

Happy Monday all,

Want to start off by welcoming a new follower, Jodi, from Utah in the U.S. - hope you find reasons to pop back from time to time.

WOWser - what a weekend that was! Craftathon 2012 was a fab experience and whole lot of fun but I must say that I am so pleased that all the attendees (Cherry, Clare, Debs, Nicola and Wynneth) all texted me to let me know they'd all arrived home safely despite the British weather's best efforts to thwart us.

A couple of late evenings and earlier than usual starts plus the odd glass or two of something alcoholic ensured that I wasn't late to bed last night! PLUS I wasn't laid there thinking ..... must remember to take ...

Honestly? I think everyone who came to craftathon enjoyed themselves and those who wanted to come but couldn't (for one reason or another) are probably making a note to clear their diary for 2013 - let's hope so anyway as this seems to work too well to give up on.

Anyway - welcome to the start of another week. What have you got planned? Well, it's hubby's birthday week and he's such a kind soul that I would really like to do something nice for him to celebrate his birthday - any ideas?

I have missed some challenges over the weekend with CMLI and Simply Less Is More. As a newly inducted member of the Design Team on CMLI I had at least completed my sketchie card but haven't done my Sunday themed challenge which, this week, is LET IT SNOW - hmmmm, I'm thinking scrap layout. And over on Simply Less Is More this week's challenge is a colour theme so I need to check out my supplies of AQUA.

So, on to my idea for a scrap layout for LET IT SNOW and I decided to approach this in a totally new way for me ......... and to design a sketch before even looking at the photos .....

I produced this sketch in powerpoint but saved it as a .jpeg so I could re-size it for insertion on to blogs/forums etc
Having just completed a marathon CRAFTATHON I found that I wanted to scrap some of the treasured memories of my weekend with friends ....... AND it snowed so my focal point is the photo taken looking out of our weekend retreat as the snow was coming down. I then wanted to add some photos of the group of us and some individual "action shots"! And, of course, I needed some space to add some journaling - now ALL I need to do is print the photos and write the journaling and then sort out the page! Wish me luck - this may be the tricky part!

Have a fantabulous Monday - I'm off to finish unpacking my stash from the weekend and to trawl a few blogs I missed over the weekend! Maybe play with my inktense blocks too.


6 comments:

Debs M said...

Think we were all early to bed last night..just unpacking and stopped for a drink. Craftathon was indeed a success and looking forward to the next !!
Also looking forward to seeing your scrap page! have fun with your inktense blocks!!

Lilian said...

Looking foward to see wgat you come uo with on your scrap page, Lilian x

Lilian said...

Looking foward to seeing your scrap page. Glad your weekend went with a swing
Lilian x

Lauren Hatwell said...

That looks like a great layout to me Kathy. I'm really looking forward to seeing it as a scrap page. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Sounds like you had incredible fun Kathy, how lovely to meet with friends and be able to craft.
hugs {brenda} xox

Katiejane said...

That's a great sketch Kathy. Wishing Steve a very happy birthday for this week! Mmmmm, maybe the orient express?