And what a cold one it is in many places this morning. It was blooming chilly overnight and, at 09:00 this morning it was STILL -6°c!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr - wrap up warm and stay safe if you are heading out today.
Over on the craftbubble group CRAFT MAD and LOVING IT it is Karen's turn to set the challenge and she has decided to make hers a Christmas card ........ featuring BAUBLES. Well, I only went with one but it IS a bauble and it IS purple - who would have thought it!!!
- 8" square 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
- Go Kreate fancy rectangle dies in three sizes (small and large cut from white card and medium cut from silver mirri card)
- Using the large die cut I coloured a border using a purple pro marker and then inked my Inkadinkado Holiday flourish in Colour Box heliotrope and stamped round the edge before adhering the silver die cut centrally
- Crystal stickles used to highlight flourish
- Paper Inspiration's bauble inked in versamark ink and then heat embossing using silver sparkle embossing powder.
- Purple pro marker used to colour bauble and then glossy accents added to give shine - set aside to dry
- Purple wool wrapped round the base card and knotted off centre before fixing in place by gluing image panel on to card.
- Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black and highlighted with wink of stella glitter pen and then edged with purple pro marker
- Purple fringed paper attached to side of sentiment panel and then tweaked to give dimension
- Scalloped rectangle die cut from silver mirri card
Over on the Simply Less Is More blog the theme for this week's Clean And Simple card is: STRIPES!!! Already some fab examples