Monday, 13 February 2012

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week!

Morning,.

Another week? Already? Where did the weekend go then?

That said, we were extremely busy this past weekend, with it being hubby's birthday, we were out to dinner Friday, Saturday AND Sunday night!! Phew - thank heavens for elastic!

As regular readers will recall, I swap ATC's and exchanged materials with a pal on the Isle of Skye .... well her letter hit the mat a few days ago and I wanted to get her ATC's back to her over the weekend so ...

Here are the materials she sent me ....


And here's what I made with them ......


Additional Materials used:
  • Butterscotch, gold and red pepper alcohol inks
  • Stix2 double sided tape and a foil sheet (red/gold/blue/green)
  • Pitt pen to outline
  • Crystal stickles to highlight eyes
  • Tim Holtz sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
Here are the materials I am returning to Pam, as her challenge


And the ATC I made using them .... which I won't send to Pam until I receive her make back! Sound like fun?


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks in Pumice Stone and Black Soot
  • Inkadinkado wax drip inked in Versacolour silver
  • Inkadinkado splat inked in D.I. pumice stone
  • Paper Artsy small splat inked in Versacolour gold
  • Tim Holtz image and sentiments inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Water droplets glued using Scotch quick dry glue (dries clear)

Last evening we were found in Gloucester, dining with friends. Both husbands love to cook and both Sandra and I are more than happy to let them!!! We started with a rather tasty ricotta and sun dried tomato flan and followed on with a prosciutto wrapped salmon main course and then panne cotta with a blackberry sauce - mmmm - jealous? You SHOULD be! It was lovely and more than made up for the fact it rained all the way home!

Happy Monday everyone - I'm out this morning, meeting up with a pal from my school days - rounding off a perfect (but BUSY) weekend! Laterz!


7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love that 2nd ATC,Kathy....and your meal last night sounds delicious.

Debs M said...

2 great atc's, i do love seeing what you do with them, glad you had another good meal x

Aileen said...

Super Atc's. Love them both. Sounds like you had a lovely meal. x

Chaucer's Aunty said...

I really enjoy seeing your ATC challenges Kathy- especially now that I'm hooked on them myself! Sounds like you've had a lovely few days. Laura x

Brenda Brown said...

Great ATCs Kathy and sounds like you have had a wonderful weekend too. Time for a slower week maybe?
Enjoy whatever you do.
hugs {brenda} xox

MaggieC said...

That does sound like fun, challenging a friend with new material. I have tried that with a friend of mine, but only once or twice. I might reinstate that idea, just for fun. Thank you for your visit and your kind comments. xx Maggie

Tan's Hobbies said...

Dear Kathy, your both ATC are very good. I love both of them. You seems like had a great evening with your friend. So happy for you!! Anyway, Happy Valentine dear!!