Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Morning - well it is here!

Didn't blog yesterday - didn't do much of anything if the truth be told!!! We DID go out with all sorts of intentions but ....... hubby's sinusitis put the kybosh on that and we came home after just buying the paint. A little later we hit the grocery store (oh yes, we ENJOY the HIGH LIFE!) and I never got a trip to either a Michaels or a Joanns and more precious vouchers went to waste - oh well, it's like I actually NEED  mores stash now ....... is it?

Anyhoo, what it DID mean was that I had the opportunity to craft a bit more ........ and I made the most of my time. I made what I thought was a lovely ATC background and then decided it lent itself to a Halloween theme and just how lucky (exactly) was it that I had invested in some lovely Cloud9 images on this very topic, recently. Anyone ever used Cloud9 images? I have to say that, although impressed with the images I found myself less than impressed with the quality of the product as the images seemed more banana shaped than flat! I mounted them on an acrylic block and gave them a good old inking and ....... RUBBISH! I tried again using a few layers of kitchen roll to give flexibility - RUBBISH! Last resort (and best result) was to mount the image on a block which already had a layer of peel 'n tack on it and this worked OK but I'm still far from happy. I now have the set reclining under some weights to see if it will straighten them out - at least till I can get myself a foam pad to ease the problem. How very disappointing. Still, with the application of some judicious colouring in with an Indian ink pen ....... see for yourself


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card, ATC sized.
  • For the background: Distress Inks in weathered wood, faded jeans and black soot
  • Crop-a-dile to punch holes and set three eyelets
  • Cloud9 house and sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Cloud9 splodges inked in Versamagic ginger
I also made another using scraps of card leftover from cardmaking ....


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Blue card (an offcut which turned out to be only slightly larger than an ATC!)
  • Kaisercraft mesh image inked in Brilliance Mediterranean blue
  • Kaisercraft clock face inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Punched "buckle" from my collection - it was bright pink so I "dulled" it down with my blending tool without re-inking it.
  • Gingham paper given the same treatment as the buckle
And then on to some previously stamped images and offcuts ....... on a roll now!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • DCWV offcuts in metallic check and brown (I sprayed the brown panel with perfect pearls mist and then used a Martha Stewart freehand deckle edged cutter)
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image inked in Memento tuxedo black and coloured using copic and Pro markers
and finally ..... I couldn't resist having another go using the same colour combination of Distress Inks as my Halloween ATC above .....


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks (for background) in weathered wood, faded jeans and black soot
  • Inkadinkado circles inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Inkadinkado ink blots inked in versamark and then brush with Bright Blue and Antique Silver pearl-ex powders before setting with hairspray.
  • Gold metallic and pearl acrylic paint applied using various bottle caps and an old credit card!
Hope you think my day was well spent - I look forward (as always) to hearing your comments and thanks for taking the time to read all the way to the bottom of this longish post!

Must be chilly outside this morning as the heating's been on this morning!!!!

Have a great Tuesday.

6 comments:

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...I just wrote you a very long comment about the weather here...very dark sky and the time...2.50pm and going up to school to collect DD2 and about your inky ATC's and it hasn't posted...I often get turned away from your blog...Sorry to say! Not your fault I know...So it may be lurking around somewhere and pop up later...Hope your stamps sort out and hubby feels better so you can go out for some more stash!
xxxx

Lilian said...

Lovely cards Kathy. Love the dog one, Hope its better there than here. Hugs Lilian

scrappyjacky said...

I really like that first spooky one...great effects.
But I do agree it is just so annoying when you get a stamp that just won't work properly.

Lauren Hatwell said...

My fave is the circles one at the bottom Kathy, but they're all fab if you ask me. Lx

Debs M said...

wow you have been busy!! great atc's, shame about the stamp hope it sorts itself out! x

Brenda Brown said...

Oh dear what a shame about the stamps, hopefully something weighted will work.
Great collection of ATCs, love the last one.
Hope hubbie is better soon and I hope your week is going well otherwise.
hugs {brenda} xox