Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Welcome to Tuesday

Hi there, how is it with you?

Yesterday I was trying to catch up with some challenges. I posted my pearl embellished canvas as a February challenge on the monthly craft challenge on craftbubble.



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" canvas
  • Distress Ink in victoria velvet and vintage photo
  • I sponged victorian velvet through mesh and also through a mask to give texture and vintage photo round a tattered angels flourish
  • I applied clear gesso to the canvas to seal the distress inks and also give texture
  • Using credit cards and various bottle tops or caps I applied copper, gold and black paint to the canvas to add interest
  • I date stamped the date using Memento tuxedo black ink and a cheap date stamp from What! (75p)
  • Kaisercraft chocolate faux "pearls" applied to the centre of some of the circles
  • Vintage image provided by Clare as part of craftathon, I distressed the edges using scissors (as I'd forgotten my distressing tool!) and sponged some D.I. vintage photo around the edges of the image.
  • Taupe organza ribbon attached behind the image before adhering to the canvas

It's the first birthday of the CAS Less Is More challenge - Happy Birthday Chrissie and Mandi.



I also wanted to crack on with the CAS challenge on the Simply Less Is Moore blog which features a colour challenge this week - AQUA. I'm VERY late this week with my entry but I hope that Mandi and Chrissie will forgive me when they read that I HAVE been hosting a crafting weekend (see my dedicated page here) and that my altered canvas WAS almost CAS!!!! Now back to the fact that Aqua is not a colour I plainly EVER feature as the only aqua I could find was a pro marker - hmm, this was proving trickier than I expected but I've not missed many of Chrissie and Mandi's challenges so I had a bit of a think about it and came up with this -


Materials used:
  • White DL card and matching envelope
  • White card panel approx 1 cm smaller than base card - I then used a pro marker in COOL AQUA to colour a border round the outer edge
  • Paper Artsy splat image inked in Memento paris dusk and repeated all round the cool aqua border
  • White card panel approx 2 cm smaller than base card with opposing corners rounded.
  • Fiskars cocktail glass image inked in Memento london fog and coloured using the cool aqua pro marker and a green neocolour II water soluble crayon (then blended)
  • Fiskars sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black and then stamped across the stem of the cocktail glass
  • Glossy Accents applied to simulate glass

Hope you like it and I hope it it's CAS and AQUA enough!

Have a happy day.

24 comments:

Cheryl said...

these are both super makes Hun just amazing detail love the CAS one hugs Cherylxxxx

Lilian said...

Two more nice cars Kathy. Loving the first one though it is so sweet. Hugs lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Just love the vintage feel to that top one.

Beryl K said...

Beautiful cards Kathy, especially the LIM one
Beryl x

Mandi said...

Sueprb card Akthy, that glass looks terrific
Of course you are forgiven...as it;s you!

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

ding said...

Great card, the border has worked out so well and I love all the little details like the rounded off corners, wonderful!!
Diane
The canvas looks amazing too!

Suze Bain said...

Wow, I really thought your border was DP! Super card and love the canvas - beautiful colours. xx

Aileen said...

I also thought your border was patterned paper. Looks fab and I love the glass. Beautiful canvas too. x

Debs M said...

fabby cas card , love the glass/accents x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Love your subtle canvas the pearls are perfect:0) The LIM card is inspirational, who else would use a marker for the colour and that glass is brilliant!! xxx

Susan said...

Your drink glass looks like it has real liquid in it...how cool!!! Fab card!

Linda said...

I love how you've made the glass pop out by using glossy accents, very elegant card.

Brenda Brown said...

A wonderful canvas Kathy - a superb background and gorgeous vintage image.
hugs {brenda} xox

Rosemary said...

absolutely brilliant idea!! love itt!!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love your beautiful canvas Kathy. Your LIM card is also fab - and just about my fave colour... Lx

Fiona said...

Great card - love the gloss in the glass! x

Chrissie said...

Great card Kathy!
Love those corners.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

lostinpaper said...

Fab canvas and card! Two very different styles and both just fabulous! Love the glossy accents on the glass, it's perfect!

Junibears said...

I love that pretty card. I must say I do miss doing things like that..sigh.. Still I must make do with digital! Hugs xx

Craftyrose said...

These are both fabulous compositions Kathy! Both very different but equally clever! xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Kathy, both of your creations are wonderful. I love the victorian canvas and the celebratory LIM card.

Jenni's Jems said...

Two very different styles but both gorgeous ! x

Karen said...

Blimey Kathy when I looked at the photograph of this one I thought it was a resin embellishment! Just checked and its stamped - looks fab and is perfect for LIM hugs Karen x

Jenny said...

Brilliant card, love the glossy finish to the glass :0)
Jenny x