Saturday, 31 March 2012

2nd post - challenge entry

Hi there, me again, second post of the day - if you missed my earlier post then please either scroll down or click on the link here.

The lovely Chrissie and  Mandi over at the Simply Less Is More blog challenged us all to use the colours and photo as inspiration - not colours I use together often I have to admit so spent much of the day thinking about image combinations before I came up with the option below. I tried music script in grey with a musical instrument in deep pink - nope, I tried lines in pink and a green floral image - nope .... then this so ....

It IS more square in real life - honest!

Materials used:
  • 5" square 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • White card panel coloured with pro marker "pear"
  • Grey card panel slightly smaller
  • White card panel as my image panel
  • Artistry harlequin image inked in Studiog pink
  • Penny Black Iris inked in Versacolour lime and Brilliance pink
  • Penny Black sentiment inked in Memento London fog
  • Two faux crystal gemstones to finish

Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by and I also hope you are enjoying your Saturday


32 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I love pinks and greens together....lovely card.

Diane said...

Love the combination you finally decided on, that all works together so well and I love your sentiment...brilliant!
Diane
P.S you offered your Steves services for my long grass....my Steve says YES please especially if he brings his own petrol!!!! ( its my hubbies new excuse for not mowing the lawn...apparently it would be selfish to get petrol just to cut the grass)

Suzi B said...

Beautiful kathi...love these colours. thinking about mine :)
suzi b x

Margaret said...

Very pretty Kathy
Margaret x

Brenda Brown said...

Such soft and delicate stamping Kathy and I love the overlay of colours.
hugs {brenda} xox

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous sweetie! Sxx

Anne said...

Ooh how very pretty this is Kathy!
Anne
x

GinaA said...

It was well worth the effort, a great card.

Suze Bain said...

Lovely Kathy, fabulous layering. xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Well all that experimenting has certainly paid off Kathy! I love the flowers on the harlequin background and the grey sentiment over the top is perfectly placed. Vicky x

Debs M said...

love the colours, great sentiment too x

clare said...

beautiful card kathy. gorgeous soft colours. x

Louise said...

Oh- I do love the colour combo you have used and of course the diamond background stamp

Mandi said...

This is lovely Kathy
Love the subtlety
I love pink and green, but, had a bad week..so stupid!
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, very delicate colours, great design and fantastic sentiment, well done.
An spring hug from Palma

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Oh yes! Well worth the thinking, it turned out really well, smashing card! Gay xx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

P.s , Love that sentiment too, x

Chrissie said...

This is terrific Kathy, and I'm with Gay, I love the sentiment too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Ji Hye said...

What a beautiful card. I realy love the sentiment.

Kimberley said...

Such a beautiful delicate card - great use of the inspiration.

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy Well done. Thank you for al lthe advice, Hugs lilian

Susheel said...

Love the sentiment ;-)
Pink and green is my favourite colour combination too.
Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog. It means a lot

hUgs,
x

Cheryl said...

oh kathy this is such a beautiful and delicate card just love it,gorgeous work hun hugs Cherylxxxx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Kathy

Oh what a pretty and delicate card I love it!

Hope you are well.

Hugs

Tina
X

Elaine said...

Great card - love the pale pink harlequin background!

Jenny said...

Sometimes colour combos just shout out too you and other times you have to dig deep for an idea!!! Love the delicate shades you've used Kathy and the harlequin bkgd is so pretty :0)
Jenny x

Lynne said...

Terrific Kathy.
Lynne xxx

Victoria said...

What a fabulous combination of stamps. All that experimenting paid off. Love the sentiment too!!

Lizy said...

Really pretty and delicate Kathy...lovely!
Lizy x

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful, Kathy. I love the flowers against that background. Fab sentiment, too. :) Ann Y.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

This is so pretty Kathy xx

Aileen said...

This is gorgeous. The subtle colours are fab. x