Saturday, 3 March 2012

2nd post of the day, challenge entry, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Hi there, second post of the day from me but it's just a short one, with a challenge card in. If you missed my earlier post then please feel free to either scroll down or click on the link here.

Over on the Simply Less Is More blog there is a challenge posted today and it is: to USE NEUTRALS



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and matching envelope
  • White card panels 1) 6.5 x 7cm, 2)7 x 7.5cm and 3)7.7 x 8.2cm.
  • Panel 1) was stamped using a Studio112 image and sentiment inked with Color Box black and Versamagic malted mauve and then highlighted using crystal stickles
  • Panel 2) coloured using Pro Marker dusty pink
  • Panel 3) coloured using Copic marker C2
  • The three panels were then adhered together off kilter before attaching to the base card

Hope you like it and I hope my fellow LIM-ettes think it's neutral enough since I snuck a little pink in to the mix. EDITED TO ADD that I've been rumbled by Mandi but she's very kindly agreed to turn a blind eye as I'm a serial LIM-ette! - thanks Mandi, I'll have another go this week and will try to stick more closely to the guidelines. I certainly started out with that intention but somewhere along the way the creativity took me to ....... dusty pink! Sorry folks - I'll try harder next time round!

Have a fab Saturday - it's a glorious day here and the temperature is HOT, hot, hot!!!

17 comments:

Mandi said...

I think the mauve and pink are slightly removed from neutral hues we required, but, your card is terrific Kathy
Sure we will all turn a blind eye for such a faithful Limette!

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is more"

Sharon said...

This is lovely Kathy. The stickles make the flowers pop.
Sharon xx

sarah's little snippets said...

It's a lovely CAS card Kathy (and the pink is pretty!) Sarah x

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, fab CAS card, beautiful!
A hug from Palma

Debs M said...

love this x

Zoƫ said...

Really pretty card. i love the sparkle. Zx

Margaret said...

Gorgeous Kathy
Margaret x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Kathy
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

I thought it was my monitor which was displaying the colours oddly Kathy... thanks for owning up...
Maybe we'll see another with the true colours later!
It's a cute card though!
Thank you so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

LOL! Sometimes creativity just takes over, doesn't it!! It's a very lovely card, Kathy!!

butlersabroad said...

HaI You got rumbled!! That's too funny, I had Chrissie point out that I had music script upside down the other week, looked fine to me!! Love the LO of this though, and that's a great sentiment stamp too.

Hugs
Brenda

Vicky Hayes said...

I like your off-set squares Kathy and I'm taking these colours as neutrals! Vicky x

Aileen said...

Love the colours Kathy Hee Hee! The little flowers are sweet and I like the matting. x

Diane said...

So funny Kathy...it's always worth a try to test the boundaries, especially with such a pretty card. Your second card looks perfect though, so I expect you're allowed out of the naughty corner. Love that punch you've used for the banner (I'm hopefully off to the NEC so might trawl the stalls for it..it looks very useful)
Diane

Lizy said...

I know it doesn't 'technically' qualify for neutrals, but this is gorgeous Kathy! :)
Lizy x

Jo Street said...

They don't miss a trick these lady Diva's, nevertheless its a gorgeous card.
JO x

Sally said...

A very pretty card Kathy, love the poink & mauve.
Sally x