Saturday, 17 March 2012

2nd post of the day, challenge entry, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Hi there,

Me again - just a quickie as I've a challenge entry to show you.

Over on Simply Less Is More the weekly challenge was posted at 08:00 this morning and this week's challenge is "TO FEATURE MASKS" ..... now, if only I had an image of a mask I would surely have used that as a play on words - but I didn't so ......... I've gone all retro! - check this out instead. I'm still not able to spend the time I would like in order to view and comment on all of the fabulous entries so please accept my apologies again. The quality of entries each week remains so high that Chrissie and Mandi face an almost impossible task each week to select just a few for their showCASe - an unenviable task!


Materials used:
White C6 card and matching envelope
Black card panel
White card panel
Post Its (large) to create my masks
Distress inks: Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Dusty Concord
Stampers Anonymous image inked in Ranger Archival jet black
Fiskars sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black

Hope you like it. I should point out that the matting IS much more evenly spaced and level than it looks in the photograph - I plainly put it on to my easel a bit "on the wonk"! Oooopsie

If you missed my first post then please either scroll down or follow this link here - I'd hate for you to miss it!!! - if you've the time and inclination, that is!

Last evening saw us heading to Chilis for dinner and as I was chowing down on my fabulous half rack of ribs (so tender I could have cut them with a spoon!) I noticed I was being stared at ..... at first I thought it looked like an M&M but quickly realised that it was actually ..... a chilli!! Cool huh?



Have a great Saturday everyone


30 comments:

GinaA said...

Love your retro card, have a great week.

Debs M said...

very retro card..great pic!!!

Chrissie said...

Great card Kathy, I don't know if I'd fancy being stared at by a chilli!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Fiona said...

Love this design and very well executed.

clare said...

fab retro card kathy.

Margaret said...

Fab card Kathy
Margaret x

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, great card, very contemporary and original.
A hug from Palma

Christine said...

Just beautiful .

Louise said...

Great card! I love the design. That chilli looks a bit menancing!

Linda said...

Love the fun shapes you created with your masking! Love how those circles pop out! Fabulous!

Cheryl said...

this is one super card hun,great design hugs cheryl xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

A triumph Your Purpleness.

Lx

Mandi said...

FAB card Kathy
While I was searching for my mask stamp!! I found my Les Mis stamp!
Love the chilli man lol Great fun
Thank you
mandi
"Less is More"

VICTORIA said...

I love your card!!!

Jenny said...

Love the modern masked shapes Kathy...great guys card :0)
Tat chili would have freaked me out!!!
Jenny x

Susan said...

What a fabulous retro card!!! Love it!

Monica said...

That is a very stylish card and so creative as well.

Monica xxx

Bea said...

what a funky card - such an effective use of images

Von said...

Fantastic design great for a man :)

Katiejane said...

You've got to love retro, great colours.
Check out that chilli lol!
Katie x

Vicki Dutcher said...

EXCELLENT card! Love the graphic feel!!

Lynne said...

That chilli is a bit scarey isn`t it?
Your card is groovy, takes me back to my youth.
Lynne xxx

Hannelie said...

Love your design!

Beryl K said...

Great card Kathy
Beryl x

Rosemary said...

what a cool card!!

Suzi B said...

Great card Kathy...
suzi b x

Aileen said...

Love your design. Super funky card. x

Aileen said...

Love your design. Super funky card. x

Victoria said...

What a fabulous retro feel! I love the combination of shapes!

kingstonmama said...

This is so cool, kathy! I love your masked areas and those black circles. such a great look. :) Ann Y.