Friday, 9 March 2012

Hello readers, welcome to the Friday Funny

Hello,

Whilst out for the day with Sally we got to talking about canvas painting and she very kindly offered to loan me her acrylic paint stash .... and may I say how generous of her this was as I staggered home with a very large bag full of paints and bits and pieces!

Needless to say I set off with gay abandon on Thursday morning and laid down a layer of gesso .... followed by a wash using purple, white and light yellow acrylic paint ....... Here's how it finished up - or IS IT, finished, that is!


I used images by Inkadinkado and Hampton Arts as well as credit cards, bottle tops and even a wine cork! I also used black, silver, white and purple acrylic paint to decorate. I randomly sponged modeling texture paste and allowed to dry before spraying with a purple mica spray. Once dry I rubbed walnut wax on to the edges of the canvas and to the peaks of my modeling paste and there you have it - like it? I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out.

And then I had a bit of a creative block and made this rather pedestrian but OK ATC - I'm still trying to use up scraps of card and came across the three pieces used to make it .... two had already been edged with an EK success punch. The image is by Great Impressions and was coloured using pro markers, copics and glitter pens - highlighting with crystal stickles

And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of my ATC swap pal, Pat - so I literally got this off Pat!! Thanks, Pat! ENJOY.

It came to me as an e-mail and was entitled BELLY DANCER



BELLY DANCER ( ADULT)


Please let me know if you find this belly dancer offensive and I won't forward these types of e-mails to you....

No one knows if you take a peek so go ahead and watch the belly dancer, you owe it to yourself.

























(Open Discreetly) Scroll Down.........











You just had to look.......didn't ya! Have a Great Day!!!
 

Have a fab Friday and an even fabber (!?) weekend, see you tomorrow with some new challenges

7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

I have one thing to say - it is WOW! Your canvas is awesome in its gorgeousness. I am SO impressed. Love it, love it, love it. Lx

jackid said...

Great canvas Kathy love it and a sweet ATC also loving the friday funny too gave me a chuckle have a great weekend
Jacki xx

scrappyjacky said...

I love the canvas,Kathy....and it certainly could be classed as finished.

Debs M said...

ooh love that canvas, cute image on the atc and that friday funny is fab x

Shirley-anne said...

GIGGLE!!
I have had this image for ever from a friend, Ally ..Forgot about it ..Great post and Friday Funny .
You have been busy with these fab projects .Lucky you to be able to have a play with the stash of acrylic paints .

clare said...

awesome canvas kathy, your belly dancer made me giggle! have a good weekend. x

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is one brilliant canvas,the effective is amazing,super cute atc too and love that cat he he hugs Cherylx