Friday, 16 March 2012

Morning and welcome to the Friday Funny!!

Hi folks,

Got a bit of news yesterday ..... in an e-mailed newsletter from Joanna Sheen she says that she can no longer afford to offer FREE P&P throughout the world without a minimum order limit, which she has set at NINE POUNDS. Orders below that will have 1.50p added. Not unreasonable and I shall certainly continue to use her web site as I've always found it to be reasonably priced and great service. Anyone else know of a crafting web site that is reasonably priced, efficient and with free or reasonable P&P? Please post in your comment if you do as it's always good to know.

More ATC's for my burgeoning collection! Check 'em out below ....


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Three black card panels }
  • Three Kraft card panels } both cut from offcuts of card
  • Four holes punched in to the larger Kraft panel with my crop-a-dile and four copper eyelets set
  • Twine threaded through the eyelets and secured on the back before attaching the larger Kraft panel to the ATC sized black panel.
  • Stampers Anonymous check image inked in Memento potters clay on to one of the smaller Kraft panels
  • Prima script inked in Memento bamboo on to another of the smaller Kraft panels
  • Small panel of DCWV patterned card attached diagonally after rounding the corners
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black and cut round. Edged with Memento tangelo before running through my Xyron sticker maker to attach adhesive
and another here ....


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • DCWV patterned card offcut - I cut the narrow border and used that for the bottom as well as using the houndstooth check strip
  • Kraft card offcut
  • Stampers Anonymous star image inked in Brilliance crimson copper and stamped on to white card three times before cutting out and mounting on the houndstooth strip using glue dots
  • Stampers Anonymous hand inked in Ranger Archival jet black on to the Kraft strip
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked twice (without re-inking) in Ranger Archival jet black
Woke up to mist yesterday! When the mist cleared - look what we saw!

A wild turkey caught "strutting his stuff" to impress a lady!!

And then, when we decided to hit the pool, we were joined by this chap ....

video


And now for the Friday Funny, brought to you this week by Lilian. Thanks Lilian. ENJOY and please don't be offended - I'm pretty sure that no donkeys were harmed in this funny!. Happy St Patricks Day for tomorrow too.


The current banking crisis explained by an Irishman


Young Paddy bought a donkey from a farmer for £100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news. The donkey's died.'

Paddy replied, 'Well then just give me my money back.'

The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I've already spent it.'

Paddy said, 'OK, then, just bring me the dead donkey.'

The farmer asked, 'What are you going to do with him?'

Paddy said, 'I'm going to raffle him off.'

The farmer said, 'You can't raffle a dead donkey!'

Paddy said, 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.'

A month later, the farmer met up with Paddy and asked, ' What happened with that dead donkey?'

Paddy said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at £2 each and made a profit of £898'

The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain?'

Paddy said, 'Just the guy who won. So I gave him his £2 back.'

Paddy now works for the Royal Bank of Scotland .



Happy FRIDAY

7 comments:

Debs M said...

fab atc's and i love the pics..hmm i think cutting edge crafts have free p and p x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Love these 2 ATCS.

Good Friday funny too xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Don't know of any that are always free....but both The Craft Barn and Craftsulove have frequent free p + p weekends.

clare said...

2 great ATC's kathy. fab photos too. hope you are enjoy another lovely day. x

Cheryl said...

oh these are super atcs,Hun love the stamps you have used,and love the photos,hugs Cherylxxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fantastic ATC's Kathy and the Friday Funny made me laugh out loud. Lx

Katiejane said...

What a shame, I loved the free p&p from Joanna Sheen, oh well I guess 1.50 isn't bad.
Love your ATC's those stars look great against the kraft. Check out that turkey!!
Katie