Sunday, 25 March 2012

Morning - I hope you all remembered ....

to change your clocks by one hour, if you live in the U.K.. My husband went around the house last night before we went to be and proudly announced that he'd done them all - hmmm. History tells me that there's going to be more than one not yet changed - I found the first ...... the phone time is still on yesterdays time!

Bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning I set out to make a spring like card ...... didn't turn out QUITE that way - as I'm sure you'll agree, cards often don't!! They sort of evolve in to something quite different and this one sure did that! I DID, however, stick with spring like and citrus-y (is there such a word?) colours and I hope you like it.



Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 300 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 11½cm white card panel with a 1cm coloured border using Marvy alcohol ink YG634 and Stampers Anonymous check pattern inked in Versacolour Split Pea
  • 11cm white card panel:
  • Yellow inktense block colour laid down and then brushed with water
  • Paper Artsy random dots inked in Versacolour orange multiple times
  • Recollections Splat and drip image inked in Versacolour split pea multiple times
  • Tim Holtz harlequin image inked in Memento potters clay and inked multiple times (sometimes without re-inking)
  • Paper Artsy line image inked in Versacolour gold
  • Lavinia flower stalk image inked in Memento potters clay and stamped multiple times
  • Studiog sentiment inked in Memento potters clay
I took inspiration from a fellow LIM crafter (Esther) when I first saw this technique used on a Clean And Simple card - this, however, appears to be CAS gone mad!! - though TECHNICALLY it does still have white space, but I think that's really pushing the boundaries of CAS ...... don't you?

Over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It group there is usually a Sunday theme but it's Karen's turn and Karen usually busy and often forgets to post a theme on a Sunday so I've posted my card there and suggested that anyone who wants to can take the card (or any element from within it) as inspiration for a card of their own - interested to see what happens there then.

Anyway, have a great Sunday - weather's smashing here and hubby's taken the chance to head off to the local flying field for some recreational flying of model planes, first chance in five weeks so I'm pretty sure he'll be late home too!, but that's OK as we've nothing planned for this afternoon.


11 comments:

clare said...

love the citrus colours and glad to see you playing with inktense blocks. have a great day. x

Debs M said...

great card, love the stamps and colours, enjoy whatever you get up to this afternoon x

scrappyjacky said...

Love the way it turned out,Kathy.

judit said...

Hi Kathy, love the colours. Back from the NEC and there was a demonstrator from Inkylicious who were doing some brill cards, just using inks and stamps, I thought it is similar to your style but too arty for me :)
judit x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely bright and zingy card. Fab xxx

Marlena M. said...

Yummy citrus! Beautiful! Enjoy the gorgeous weather.

Cheryl said...

oh this is beautiful Hun,that background I just love finished with those beautiful flowers,just gorgeous hun hugs Cherylxxxx

Kathryn said...

Hey great card x fabby colours :)

Mynnette said...

This is AWESOME! LOVE all the different stamps you've used--and your sentiment is perfectly placed! :)

Jaya Christina said...

Gorgeous card! :)) Love those stamps and yes.. the citrusy feel :)))
Thanks for dropping in at my blog :))

butlersabroad said...

You have some great LO's on the go and I love this bright and fund card, really great colours. I was VERY confused why you were putting all the clocks forward as they'd already gone forward in the US, Florida included! Didn't realise you're now back in Blighty!!

Hugs
Brenda